Who won the fight???

Lazarus401

Old Time RME'r
We just finished watching them. I'll only tell you this. Second Round.

EDIT:
I meant third round. Liddell.

I cant get over how bad Forest Griffin got trashed. It looked like he was going to cry, after his beat down.

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i wanted liddell to win and knew he would, but it was a pretty crappy stoppage. tito was defending himself as well as he could in that position and only ate a couple punches. but, it was only a matter of time till he was out anyway... i just wished mccarthy would have been the ref, title fights shouldn't be stopped like normal ones.
i am depressed forrest lost, he is the man... same with leben. this year has been the upset year so i should have seen it coming

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
leben and griffin got their asses handed to them. Leben is a puss and needs to go get a job at a burger king, he has gotten his ass handed to him in the last couple of fights. The street fighter stuff only lasts so long until you get picked apart like both of them did.

Now the stoppage of the ortiz/liddel fight was bull-crap...they should require a tapout or a knockout in those title fights. Ortiz was intelligently defending himself and had gotten out of a similar jam earlier in the fight.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Thanks to all who replied. I think Ortiz is the only one to give Liddell a good fight right now. He has also come a long way with his attitude. Liddell is at the top of his game.

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
Thanks to all who replied. I think Ortiz is the only one to give Liddell a good fight right now. He has also come a long way with his attitude. Liddell is at the top of his game.

Id have to agree with all of those comments. I thought it was a very good fight, however there is no one currently in the light heavyweight division that can compete with Chuck. The Rampage fight will be another good one but Chuck has come alot further since the first fight than Rampage has. I see a third or fourth round knockout in that fight. Tito did alot of growing up during the Shamrock fights.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I would like to see Rampage work Chuck over. But right now I don't know if he could either. No one in the weight class can get past Chucks punching game, and if they do he can still wrestle.

It was good to see AA back too. But that was an odd ending, the ref wanted them to stand but Marcio Cruz asked to stay down so they let them??? Like the ref had no authority over the fighters.

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
I would like to see Rampage work Chuck over. But right now I don't know if he could either. No one in the weight class can get past Chucks punching game, and if they do he can still wrestle.

It was good to see AA back too. But that was an odd ending, the ref wanted them to stand but Marcio Cruz asked to stay down so they let them??? Like the ref had no authority over the fighters.

The ref wanted it stood up because there was a kick to a downed opponent. Andre kicked him on purpose to get back on his feet, Marcio knew he had an advantage on the ground and didnt want it taken away.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
leben and griffin got their asses handed to them. Leben is a puss and needs to go get a job at a burger king, he has gotten his ass handed to him in the last couple of fights. The street fighter stuff only lasts so long until you get picked apart like both of them did.

Now the stoppage of the ortiz/liddel fight was bull-crap...they should require a tapout or a knockout in those title fights. Ortiz was intelligently defending himself and had gotten out of a similar jam earlier in the fight.

yeah you're right he did get worked by the current middleweight champion, you got me there :rolleyes: . he didn't get worked on saturday, he dominated the whole fight and then got caught... it happens to the best fighters in the world. i would like to see you fight leben, that would be a laugh and you are probably two weight classes heavier.

the griffin fight was a 1/3 fight in my opinion. i think forrest would win the other 2 times if they fought again.