Who's got the deals on limiting straps?

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
OK, no wise crack comments from the guys from last weekend :D

Are there any local shops that have good deals on limiting straps? I searched POR and there are a ton of mail order places, but I'd prefer to cycle my suspension saturday morning and measure and then go pick some up. Anyone?

I'm open to home brew ideas if anyone has made their own.

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
I'd consider seatbelts.....but I'll reserve my chains for my mistress in the dungeon:eek:

What about the real deal ones....anyone?

Brett- What's mepco got these days? I guess I'll call some shops in the morning to see whats up.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Mike_Lib
I'd consider seatbelts.....but I'll reserve my chains for my mistress in the dungeon:eek:

What about the real deal ones....anyone?

Brett- What's mepco got these days? I guess I'll call some shops in the morning to see whats up.

I've seen some at Rocklogic......www.rocklogic4x4.com them out. I think they'll be a little short sized for your WJ's flex, but you could probably mount them inboard a little and they'd work great.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by mbryson

I've seen some at Rocklogic......www.rocklogic4x4.com.......check them out. I think they'll be a little short sized for your WJ's flex, but you could probably mount them inboard a little and they'd work great.

Yeah, I picked one up from Rocklogic a while ago. Good straps.
They say not to use seatbelts, they'll actually stretch some.

Caleb

I have seen a lot of guys use chains...here is a pic of H8monday's (from POR) new rig...
attachment.php

S

sukaB

Chains, seat belts, and telephone lines.....
See BOOTY FAB this section-----
I can get you one made custom lenght,color, strenght,width,and you'll support a local guy.
10 -15 bucks all done.......

S

sukaB

Kinda depends on size and lenght and what width but i have never paid more than ten bucks for my heavy diff limiter's that i use over here so something for shocks should run 15-20 at the most..

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by sukaB
Kinda depends on size and lenght and what width but i have never paid more than ten bucks for my heavy diff limiter's that i use over here so something for shocks should run 15-20 at the most..

again, are we talking per strap or per set? I understand you are making an educated estimate of costs, but if a single strap will cost me $10-$20 it makes a huge difference than if a set runs $10-$20.

Currently my rig is limited by the shock length, and I don't really like that at all. after we get the long arms, I'd prefer that the limit comes from something else. A limiting strap sounds like just the ticket.

S

sukaB

OK
One big strap will be around 10 bucks or so two shock straps under twenty to-twenty at the most.
Your probably going to have to put the right shocks on...
I almost bet that those shocks are not the right lenght for what you need to have on there.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by sukaB
OK
One big strap will be around 10 bucks or so two shock straps under twenty to-twenty at the most.
Your probably going to have to put the right shocks on...
I almost bet that those shocks are not the right lenght for what you need to have on there.

I will be buying new shocks. thats why I want to find out about the limiting straps. Since we'll be rotating my rear pinion, I'll need to shift the rear shock mounts for more clearance. And, the last thing I want, is to reduce the effectiveness of a LA kit with the same shocks that I currently own.

I'm also working on getting the pin conversions (solid pin) and the stem conversion.

S

sukaB

Setup right, you should have any need for limitstraps...
I here yah playa...
He takes like a couple hours to one day.....
I like to buy stuff from our local guys first if i can....