Why does RME have a negative reputation?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
As I've been checking out other local forums, mostly wheelin' & some not, I hear *alot* of negative comments about RME. A negative attitide is not what my intention was when RME was just an idea. All I wanted was to build a FRIENDLY local community for the wheelin' crowd. A place where people can be themsleves, get educated and talk about wheelin, sell parts and discuss the other enjoyable aspects in life. What makes people afraid to post on here? The last thing I want is RME to become like POR... even though I've heard RME contrasted as a mini-POR.

What causes this? How can I/we change it?

Discuss...

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I didn't know there were other local forums...but when I talk to people I always praise RME and get people to check it out. I find the people on here like to joke around sometimes but they also honestly answer questions and try to help each other out. Maybe Christmas cards :D or just trying to be nice.

Medsker

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
*shrug* I don't know. I've always liked it here. I know some people who don't like it, but I don't really get it. They say it's like high school; there's a group of popular people and if you don't agree with or fit in with them you're an underdog and don't have a voice.... I agree to an extent. There are a group of people that are more active than the others, but I don't think it drowns out anyone else.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Chiksic said:
*shrug* I don't know. I've always liked it here. I know some people who don't like it, but I don't really get it. They say it's like high school; there's a group of popular people and if you don't agree with or fit in with them you're an underdog and don't have a voice.... I agree to an extent. There are a group of people that are more active than the others, but I don't think it drowns out anyone else.

There is definately a group of popular people here but I've never felt like I don't have a voice or felt like the underdog, I might not get the inside jokes but I've never felt embarrased to pipe in about something.

Medsker

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
people just need to lighten up, it's the FRICKEN INTERNET PEOPLE!!! (where's my Dr Evil smiley :D) I have frequented many off road forums and they all seem to have the same clique. There are the hardcore guys who harp on the new up and coming wheelers and make fun of them for not know everything about the sport and it is discouraging thus the people getting harped on feel a negative experience on the forum.

I don't see a problem.. if there is a problem I personally believe it is in the person who has the problem. I just think people think everything in life should be free and when they feel they have been took and they come here to vent and someone points out the fact that they could have been in the wrong too they just flip and it is automatically RME's fault. I encourage any person who has beef with RME to speak up.. just make it legit. Not just "it sucks". That won't solve anything.

It is because of RME that my rig is setup the way it is today. Had I not had the positive and negative experiences I have had on the forum... my Jeep would be no where near where it is today. By negative experiences I mean that I felt harped on by some of the questions I first asked on the forum... the person who harped on me has been banned since then but it was very discouraging but it is life.... take it with a grain of salt and learn from it.

Andrew

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Greg said:
Honestly, that's a good point. People would probably be a little more friendly if they got together on occasion for a organized RME wheelin trip.
Even just for pizza.
I was going to say we could break up into classes for stock, modified, buggy. Problem is, most people who are put off by RME are closer to stock.

How about we pick an easy trail like Rattle snake, ask for trail leaders, then give each trail leader a group of 5 random wheelers to take through the trail at 1/2 hour intervals. Smaller groups will tend to socialize more than larger groups. Have a grill setup at the trailhead for more socializing.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
Hickey said:
Even just for pizza.
I was going to say we could break up into classes for stock, modified, buggy. Problem is, most people who are put off by RME are closer to stock.

How about we pick an easy trail like Rattle snake, ask for trail leaders, then give each trail leader a group of 5 random wheelers to take through the trail at 1/2 hour intervals. Smaller groups will tend to socialize more than larger groups. Have a grill setup at the trailhead for more socializing.

Pizza's gross :-\

:D

What about a group gathering where possibly new wheelers could get together with the "comp guys" or the seasoned veterans of the sport and do a tech type deal where you check out other people's rigs and ask what and why they did it... then hit the trail and see how they perform.... that would be cool.

Do it over food or something..... and check out each others rigs. People love to talk about thier rigs.

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
Chiksic said:

I would agree with that, But I would think thats whats called a SOCIAL ENVIROMENT.

JoeT

I've never heard anything bad about RME. This is the best 4x4 site out there. Who needs a site where people are allowed to post nudie pics? :rolleyes: I tell everyone about this site and not any other 4x4 site, when it comes to 4x4 sites. Mini-POR? :eek: I don't think so. I've never had anything really negative said to me here, family members and friends don't count. -_- I like how this site is ran. Mods are cool and do a great job. Infact I need to link this site on my webpage. But there's still that James K........................

Bone Down

Medsker said:
There is definately a group of popular people here but I've never felt like I don't have a voice or felt like the underdog, I might not get the inside jokes but I've never felt embarrased to pipe in about something.

Medsker

x2, but for first timers that show up they are looking to feel welcomed not intimedated (POR).

This is just my opinion, I tell many ppl to come here at the local level and to find me on JeepForum for the national level.
These two sites to me seem to parallel each other in terms of knowledge and over all demeaner.
POR on the other hand you have to have thick skin and stick to your guns or you can be run off quickly.

I've only heard one negative comment about RME one the entire internet, and that was over on PBB...and while I like that site for the knowledge and information it's a haven for loonies and trash talkers. I took the RME statement with a grain of salt, I've yet to seen anything here that made me question hanging out here.

kruzr69

I have never heard anything bad about this board either. It has helped me out alot throughout my buildup. People have always helped when I had questions.
I like the idea of a gathering too. A day of wheeling and a BBQ would be cool.
Tony

britney

Queen of Chit!!
You've got over 3000 members. That's a lot of people that thought this place was not only worth checking out, but worth registering in.

Isn't the rule something like for every 10 goods there is 1 bad, but the only thing people hear about is the bad.

So mathmatically you have 300 retards and 2700 happy customers that aren't talking.
Therefore........RME Rocks and I'm just here for the Chit-Chat.

(Is it time for a party?)

chadschoon

first off i would like to say thanks to everyone on here. you guys help me and everyone else out when we have a question. but ya lets get something together and go whelling!!!

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
One of the main things that helped build RME and its long time memebrs are the trail rides we used to do. It seemed like there was alot of envolvment with some of the senior members here. Now, most of them never post that they are going out for a trail ride, they just kinda show up or go out with out telling others. Or for that matter have sold there ride....We used to have 20+ rigs doing a single trail, I remember when Rattle Snake used to take almost all day. There are still alot of trail rides, but I run into more none RME member than RME members.

We need to put together a "Rock Off" have a place to wheel, BBQ, and a raffle. Maybe some sponcers can show up and help with the cost. I also think that name tags need to be worn so we know who you are by your user name.

This would be a great day for peopel to see who you are, check out your ride, bullsh!t, and just hang out.

Just my $1.00

OCNORB

Supporting Member
I've seldom heard much negative about RME and when I did it surprised me. I asked the person why he felt the way he did about it, and as it turns out he never really spent much time here but "UhHHHh, I heard that it is controlled by the vendors " and in the next breath "I have sold a few things on there." His biggest complaint was that everyone on here is so damn cheap!! :rofl: (Myslef included)

I set him straight that Greg didn't vend anything and just had a higher set of standards than a lot of the 4x4 site guys out there. (Which is what most folks like.)
I think that the inside jokes can make some people feel like "outsiders" and nobody likes to feel that way.

Don't sweat it Greg! You will always have some critics.