Why has your U4WDA membership expired?

Why has your U4WDA membership expired?

• I forgot to send the money.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I don't know where or how to renew.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I am not satisfied with leadership or managment.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • My money belongs with another org or group.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • I didn't see the benefit when I was a member.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters

Meat_

Banned
3. Save the money spent on T-shirts for NLPD and use it to develop, print, and distribute PPI's (Promotional Publicity Items) that will address what it is that the U4WDA is all about. Why do I need a T-shirt to show I helped out on something. This will help in the recruiting effort I'm certain of because there isn't a sole on here that has more experience in recruiting than me. If you select the info correctly to go into the PPI the organization will speak for itself and therefore more effort can be directed at more important issues.

The shirts are paid for with donations made specifically for the shirts.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I can't even count on both hands how many folks I handed U4 stickers to, and directed them to the U4 booth at the Teraflex show.. Don't paint me with the anti-U4 brush. Just because I removed myself from the BOD, and busted some of the current issues wide open doesn't mean hypocrisy. Honestly, My goals have been to expose certain things that I felt the BOD have lost focus on... These threads are partly a result, which IMO has helped to usher in the opportunity to change things ASAP.

And Meats right.. The funds for NPLD shirts do come from the supporting members who get advertising on the shirts.. There is still some labor involved in organizing the shirts, but you get the idea..

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...All that said I, Jeff Ross, being a self proclaimed expert in all things land nav as well as recruiting do hereby volunteer to verify and map Emery County (I already have a huge jump on it). Here's a little start for those volunteers to follow; http://recorded2477roads.utah.gov/index.html I also volunteer to create the PPI based on the information provided to me from the Association. It’s part of what I do professionally. I did this for the Utah4x4club and I think it came out pretty darn well. I as well, volunteer, which I've done twice now and will not again so take advantage of it, to help with the Compass Magazine in anyway shape or form, but preferably editing being that it is a portion of my professional job (by know means an expert, still learning big time)....

Jeff, a handful of us are working on this issue behind the scenes and we would absolutely be thrilled to have you involved, I was going to contact you anways, now that you've volunteered... even better. Todd passed me ~15 of the V2 4x4 route CD's this past weekend, I'm going to sort through the new format and figure out the best way for us to make exception submissions, etc. I don't think they will want our GPS data though I could be wrong? Rather I think they will want basic route data so they can attempt to GIS it with far more accurate means? Wouldn't be a bad idea to send a track though? Would you please PM me your address (snail mail) so I can get a packet sent to you personally. Thanks!

Meat_

Banned
...busted some of the current issues wide open doesn't mean hypocrisy. Honestly, My goals have been to expose certain things that I felt the BOD have lost focus on...

I agree.

One issue that can not be emphasized enough is people who sit on the U4 Board and do absolutely nothing other than occasionally being extremely vocal criticizing how things are being done, and lecturing about how they know the answers and everything would be fine if they would only be left alone to fight the fight.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I agree.

One issue that can not be emphasized enough is people who sit on the U4 Board and do absolutely nothing other than occasionally being extremely vocal criticizing how things are being done, and lecturing about how they know the answers and everything would be fine if they would only be left alone to fight the fight.

Seriously, don't get me started :rofl:

Meat_

Banned
Ok even though the T-shirts weren't the issue, point taken they are a freebie. The point was to come up with a PPI, I just thought the Shirts would be a way to rechaneel some finances. The PPI's are not cheap to print.

Just informing :)

ZUKEYPR

Jeff, a handful of us are working on this issue behind the scenes and we would absolutely be thrilled to have you involved, I was going to contact you anways, now that you've volunteered... even better. Todd passed me ~15 of the V2 4x4 route CD's this past weekend, I'm going to sort through the new format and figure out the best way for us to make exception submissions, etc. I don't think they will want our GPS data though I could be wrong? Rather I think they will want basic route data so they can attempt to GIS it with far more accurate means? Wouldn't be a bad idea to send a track though? Would you please PM me your address (snail mail) so I can get a packet sent to you personally. Thanks!

What woudl be the legalities of the Assoc purchasing whatever format being utilized (of course I far prefer Topo) and then burning copies for those volunteering to work on it? If it's topo I'll even volunteer to give a class of "How to" for those not knowing that want to help.
zutahwheelers@msn.com

break

We have a clean up we're working on right now in the Kamas Ranger District for NLPD but haven't ironed out the final details.

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
I think Todd said we could copy those free and clear, but that there is a newer version coming soon. :D
There is no need to copy. I have over 1000 that will go out to U4 members and anyone else that wants one. The State made 5000 of this version so if we need more I can get them. Once version 3 is ready then we may need more produced by U4 with our logo on them.

Dont ask for one. If you are a curant mamber of U4 you will get one in the mail. If you want one and are not a member then join.

Last edited:

Pauly

Very new to the U4, and RME, I was never aware of all this controversy until I read this thread. I dont hold the knowlege alot of you guys and girls do, I think the heart is there though. Is the U4 now 30 some times around the Sun?
I try to get around out here in the west, when I can. Its nice to see alot of others that care about the access and stewardship of the land. Thats why I choose to be a proud member of U4. I would love to be a part of U4 and all the principles it stands for. I dont have gobs of time, but I am willing to give something. I love wheeling, and I know I have passed alot of you on the trail, and waved. I dont want anyone to hold my hand, so if there is something kinda easy to break me in let me know. I would like to do it. I missed last months U4 meeting cause I just diddnt understand when or where. I wont miss this months.
Thanks everyone. Let me know.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Not at all what I was refrring to. I'm talking about the software so that when the obvious changes needed to be added they can be.

The topo file on the CD is in fact NG TOPO! However I'll need to double check that it is actually the program they are using to catalog the info on their end. Most land agencies are using premium softwares and GPS devices far more accurate than our consumer units. I'll be in contact shortly about your assignment Jeff. There is a bunch missing in the sections I've spot checked.

I would love to have Jeff's question answered if you get a minute Todd. How does the SP&R listing these trails relate to them having any legality in the eyes of the USFS or BLM? The documentation that comes with the CD blatently says that the BLM/FS could make changes to their trails. I guess I'm not understanding the hierarchy of these trails and how it affects their future legality?

Take for instance Constrictor, it likely will never classify as an RS2477 route, so our beef is getting the BLM to add it to their trail inventory, not the SP&R no? Or the Newfoundland Mountain routes, the BLM already clearly has them claimed an open to OHV travel, and I can't ever see Tooele County claimng them as an RS2477, is the state making moves to claim these routes? They seem to be doing nothing to far more dire trail accesses ie Paria, Junes Bottom, Sids Mountain, or the dozens of other trails that are closed, how do these trail maps play into the system??

Also on these CD's (4x4 version 2) can we assume SP&R only lists routes open to full-size use? Or will these still show trails that are single track only listed on this CD? For example Mineral Fork is listed as a 4x4 route here (at least not shown as ATV/moto only), however this hasn't been the case since the 90's. Is SP&R or the State of Utah actively persuing this??? Salt Lake County was for about 3 minutes and then dropped it from their RS2477 claim. How do these play into the system??

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
For the record, I re-upped at the TeraFlex show. I am clueless as to the issues brought up on this thread otherwise.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
got a notice in the mail that my membership was about to expire, got on line and re-upped. was going to pay for lifetime membership but wanted to pay with paypal and it would only let me do one year with paypal.