Why,why,why,why

NE_Utah

Why do we do things that we know are going to screw us in the end.
I had a rear driveline that needed the double carden ball rebuilt so I took it to a shot i have used before and had some issues with.

I thought I would give it a try again and get it rebuilt. Well guess what I got screwed. I went in with two drive lines and got the shafts but the wrong CVs on them.:mad: So I called them and they told me it will cost me $150 for them to fix there screw up. I told them to :eek::mad::eek::( them selfs and to fix it. they hung up on me.

So I E-mailed Tom Woods and he called me right back and told me to send the shaft up to him and he will fix them for me at a unreal good price. So Iam tapeing the box right now. I have used Tom before and had nothing but great luck. I go back to a large company and get screwed.

I need these thing done before 11/3 so I can come and play in Price.

Sorry I needed to vent and my wife took all the hammers away:-\

NE_Utah

I will PM you there name. I do not like to bash in public.

I also got the Ujoints out and saw the stub shaft for the center ball is bent. It was put together and was not even looked at. I guess it is to hard to look and see something is bent. Man I am pissed.

Last edited:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I will PM you there name. I do not like to bash in public.

I also got the Ujoints out and saw the stub shaft for the center ball is bent. It was put together and was not even looked at. I guess it is to hard to look and see something is bent. Man I am pissed.

PM me their name; I don't have a problem with it :D Cuz that's BS...

Meat_

Banned
A large company that does drivelines sounds like Six States to me. But there isn't one anywhere near Roosevelt......

Meat_

Banned
Did he move to Orem and not change his location? If you are anywhere near Lehi Gayon's driveline will fix your stuff the right way.

NE_Utah

Did he move to Orem and not change his location? If you are anywhere near Lehi Gayon's driveline will fix your stuff the right way.

I was thinking about Gaylon in Lehi. It has been alooooooooonng time since I have used Gaylon.

Im still in Roosevelt. I have to ship or drive my drivelines out to the valley. It costs me more to drive them out and have them screwed up than it is to ship them off to Tom Woods.

NE_Utah

So you're going to let us think it was Six States, and not help fellow wheelers avoid a similar situation?

I see. -_-

I said I will not bash in public. Ya I was treated like crap but I still will not bash in public. I can PM you the company but I see you really do not need it

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I feel your pain as I have been there too many times :-\ And sometimes it just gets to the point that it's worth paying extra just for the peace of mind.

Going through Tom Wood's was a smart move imo :)

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
A large company that does drivelines sounds like Six States to me. But there isn't one anywhere near Roosevelt......

That was my first thought... A friend of mine 'got the shaft' from them and they refused to fix it as well. I've also been on the trail with guys that have busted theirs, went to pull the spare out and it was made incorrectly so they were screwed. All of these cases came from Six States in Orem.

bronco165

DirtHedZ Offroad Club
I feel your pain. I have been there also.(same boat,same place) One driveline that broke,they at least fixed for free,but could not tell me why it broke, so i am ready to replace it with one from Tom Woods,I have purchased my front one from them and they were great to work with,fast service, and fair price.

sbr

I have and love six states drive lines they have been through hell and no problems at all. We have them on at least 6 rigs we go with and none of us have had problems. Sorry to hear you are.

R

rockdog

Jason's always treated me good. Sorry things didn't work out for you the same.