Wierdest 4x4?

P

pokeyYJ

What is the wierdest 4x4 you guys have seen, I mean stuff like a 4x4 VW Bug, or whatever. I got a pic of this offroad VW Bus if I can find it.

P

pokeyYJ

OK so its actually a double cab, sorry that the pic is so grainy but it used to be a .gif

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
In Salina a couple of years ago, I ran across a 1983 Camaro built on a Blazer frame. 38 in. Gumbos. Bitchin' Camaro. Also, maybe some of you have seen the Ford Ranchero around town with 44s. I think the guy works for a waste company, 'cuz he usually has a full size dumpster strapped to the ass end. sweet.:eek:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
thats a spendy limo ride :)
I've seen a local purple pinto truck dual framed on 44's
seen a 641/2 stang on a truck chassis in moab. I got pics somewhere. my buddie saw a first gen hummer with 213/40/17's :)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I saw this ugly zuk on the trail in it's natural state. It say toyuki all over it and was pretty hashed.

Last edited:

OCNORB

Supporting Member
I saw tis rig on the Rubicon in October, but I can't find the pictures I took- here's one I saw elsewhere.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by OCNORB
I saw tis rig on the Rubicon in October, but I can't find the pictures I took- here's one I saw elsewhere.

that thing is rad. it floats.

the most amazing thing is that it runs differentials that are just flipped over to attain high pinion and it runs a rear/mid engine so it turns everything the correct direction in the end, pretty ingenious.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Floppy Hat

Isn't that Pat Gremillons' buggy? Anyone, anyone?

I was involved in a conversation with him @ SuperCrawl about that thing.... He said it wouldn't stay together!! Damned Indep. Suspension kept breaking parts!!

It does look killer though! :D

xjc

I give up :(
That IFS IRS thing is awesome, but its an engineering nightmare. He must have spent years on it. If made correctly independant suspension is great but its just so incredably difficult to design and fab. As an engineer I wouldn't even dream of attempting something like that without a sponsor willing to pay me to do it.

It does look awesome though!!!!:)

sukaB

Banned
Somebody throw PAT a phone book to sit on.....
Can you imagine what's his name in there......
Hint: I own the---Double Bar X _____.
Yup the winner will recieve one free beer..