will bfe be open to public during ejs

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm willing to bet that the trails below and behind the rock race course will be open, but I'm not positive. I'm sure Olaf will have an announcement about it soon. :)

Olaf

Supporting Member
Open trails during Jeep Safari

Yes, trails will open!

Here's the schedule in summary...

Monday - Private event all day until 430pm
Tuesday - Private event all day until 430pm
Wednesday - open all day and night - Donations Appreciated
Thursday - open all day and night - Donations Appreciated
Friday - Tentative UROC RockCross (trails closed until 6pm then open)
Saturday - Tentative UROC Invitational (trails closed until 6pm then open)

Note: Races on Friday and Saturday are not confirmed so trails may be open all day.

Last edited:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Olaf, seems like last year camping was not allowed for a day or two in the area ... how about this year?

x2
I'll be looking for a camping site.... I was thinking to find somewhere on the other side of the freeway?

Are those UROC races crawling or the rock racing?? I haven't had the opportunity to watch any of the rock racing, so if so, I'll definately be there!!!:cool:

EDIT: Also, anyone have any idea what the weather will be like? I realize it's still a month out....

2BIGTJ

RUKKASTIXX Motorsports
I would bet it is going to be cold, whenever it has been early in the year like this year, we have had snow. If I was camping I would do it down closer to town as is always snows more up by BFE and Behind the rocks

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I would bet it is going to be cold, whenever it has been early in the year like this year, we have had snow. If I was camping I would do it down closer to town as is always snows more up by BFE and Behind the rocks

Where is there any free camping around town that is out of the way and kind of private? Or am I dreaming here since Moab will have 400K people there? ;)

Olaf

Supporting Member
It's official, UROC has cancelled both race days, so we'll OPEN instead for DAY and NIGHT Wheeling on Friday, and Saturday. Camping will be available from Tuesday night through Sunday.

Last edited:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
It's official, UROC has cancelled both race days, so we'll OPEN instead for DAY and NIGHT Wheeling on Friday, and Saturday. Camping will be available from Tuesday night through Sunday.

I'm not real familiar with the area, but where do you camp out there? Up on the flat where U4WDA has their hot dog lunches? Near the entrance booth? I'd be looking for something from about the 14-24th and really don't want to move around...

Last edited by a moderator:

Olaf

Supporting Member
Where and when to camp at AreaBFE

We'll be setting up camping spots at the lower parking lot. Unfortunately, because we have private events on Monday and Tuesday, camping won't be allowed until Tuesday night, March 18th.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
We'll be setting up camping spots at the lower parking lot. Unfortunately, because we have private events on Monday and Tuesday, camping won't be allowed until Tuesday night, March 18th.

I think I know where you are talking about... Well, if it turns out I need to move... ;)

TiGuy

Camping

There have been plenty of areas open across the highway from the BFE turnoff the last couple of years on the weeks AFTER EJS. Hope there will be something on Sunday and Monday night this year over there.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
There have been plenty of areas open across the highway from the BFE turnoff the last couple of years on the weeks AFTER EJS. Hope there will be something on Sunday and Monday night this year over there.

Last year I camped on the other side of the highway from the BFE turn off for almost 2 weeks. It's allowed as long as you are 2? miles off the highway. Which I believe is out of the school land, as they don't want to be responsible for anything happening...