Willard Peak 4th of July

CobraNutt

Thanks Shane for making this happen and leading the way. I had never been on this road before, and I see myself going back again very soon! Well...as soon as I figure out the trans temperature issue I had going on... :mad:

Only three rigs showed up: Shane (& Tim) in his Isuzu, Kevin B in his 4Runner, and me in my Liberty. The road up to the peak is a pretty easy drive. One of the guys at the top said he saw a convertible Mustang up there last summer! It's bumpy and rocky, but not bad at all. We made a couple stops along the way...to let my trans cool a bit and to take in some scenery.

You can see for miles and miles! Such great views all the way up!

IMG_0886-L.jpg

IMG_0891-L.jpg

IMG_0896-L.jpg

It's a dusty trail, but well worth the run! I was hitting bumps and watching clumps of dust/dirt slide down my windshield...reminded me of the PET...but it didn't stop me from taking pics!

IMG_0902-L.jpg

IMG_0908-L.jpg

Stopped at the sign to take a look around...and cool the Liberty trans again...Grrrrr....

IMG_0926-L.jpg

IMG_0915-L.jpg

IMG_0921-L.jpg

IMG_0920-L.jpg

Beautiful country...and it was getting nice and cool as we climbed! Bonus! :D

IMG_0940-L.jpg

CobraNutt

Continued...

Sun was going down....almost to the top!

IMG_0932-L.jpg

IMG_0967-L.jpg

IMG_0986-L.jpg

Found a couple spaces among the crowd (way more then I had anticipated!!) at the top and settled in for the fireworks down below...

IMG_1004-L.jpg

IMG_1014-L.jpg

IMG_1029-L.jpg

Even without fireworks, the views are impressive!!

IMG_1035-L.jpg

IMG_1042-L.jpg

Thank again Shane for leading the way! I can't wait to go back and hit up some of the campgrounds we saw along the way!

Last edited: