winch on the tow rig

Brent

another nobody
finally got a little ambitious today. since the first time I ever got stuck in this pig of a truck, I've wanted a winch on the thing. the bumpers I've seen on here are huge monstrous things that stick out so far in front of the grille that you could set a couch on. not my thing. so when I have a little more time on my hands I'm going to build a plate bumper that closely resembles the stock one but does not extend below the tow hooks and has holes for round driving lights. but for now this is what I've done.

started with a piece of 3/8 plate 10x30 cut to fit in between the frame rails. welded it in place and drilled it for the winch. then I proceeded to hack up the stock bumper brackets and bumper to fit around the 12000lb warn. I ended up mounting the solenoid pack below the drivers turn signal and the plug for the remote is mounted in the plastic top bumper cover near the same turn signal.
in trying to tweek the tranny cooler line I split the cooler open, rather costly mistake, but its all together and ready to roll.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0269.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg