Winch ??

redneckbronco

So I bought a new Smittybilt Xcr8 winch, got it all mounted and hooked up, and no wooorky wooorky!?:confused::ugh: Ive triple checked my connections even had the wife check them out to make sure I wasnt missing something but she agrees their all connected rite, and Smittybilt aint open on the weekend. Any body have any ideas for me? Oh and i have power to the control box but none going out. If that helps

scootrrydr

Everyone with a Xcr8 has mentioned you have to push the remote onto the solenoid then turn it clockwise to lock it on. One guy I know said he was a little hesitant (thought he might break it) but turned it and works great! Try that.

redneckbronco

Scootrryder, that was it! Thanks. On my warn winch you just pushed it on. Youd thin that Smittybilt would put that little detail in the instructions or label it on there some how. Now cant wait to get out and put it to use.

choptopbII

I love mine too, Great for a cheap winch, I hardly have to use mine though because i drive a Toyota.

Ive heard a lot of good things about that winch too...

notajeep

Just me
I've been running one on the front of my buggy for a year and a half now. Working great. I use it often to compress my front suspension for steem climbs and what not. The couple times I used it to pull others out and once on eagles nest and once on helldorado, its worked just fine. One mod I did make to it was to slap on a warn sticker I got at ejs a while back. :greg:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
There is a huge thread on POR about how they suck after about a year and fall apart

redneckbronco

Sweet! just what i wanted to hear, but then i guess i shoulda researched it. But for the price its what i can afford rite now unfortunatly and if it does stop working in a year hopefully ill be in a spot where i can afford a good warn winch. In the mean time ill make do and be happy that i have it:).

Cherokeester

There is a huge thread on POR about how they suck after about a year and fall apart

A year from the day you bought it, it will be in pieces in your driveway! Stuff usually breaks from use and not time. It used to be Mile Marker that was the cheap break in a year stuff. I have had one going on many uses and it still pulls great.