Wind River4x4 Show and rally

crzyxj

The cheaper the better!
You are all invited to the 2nd annual Wind River 4x4 show and rally. It is to be held June 16-18 2006 in Lander Wyoming.The M&G is at the Sleeping Bear RV park 715 E. Main ST Lander, Wy 82520 307-332-5159 at 12PM There is free camping areas available as well as plenty of hotels. The show will be held saturday the 17th from 9AM-2PM and trail runs will start after that. The entry fee for the show is $15 per vehicle and is only required to compete for awards in the 4 classes, Stock,Modified,extreme,Home made. $500 grand prize for best of show. Door prizes awarded to participates throughout the day. Awards ceremony will be held saturday night at the Sleeping bear. We have several trail runs planned with sign up sheets available at the show or from any of the staff members. Trails will accomodate all off-road vehicles from stock to extreme. We hope some of you can attend. Entrants will recieve discount tickets to the Snake River Brewing Co. Brewfest. Wind River 4x4 will be providing desigated drivers.
windrivershowandrally01.jpg
Hope to see you there!

crzyxj

The cheaper the better!
Cory said:
Do you have a website or more info on trail descriptions?
Most of our trails are relatively unknown in the off road community. I'll round up some info and pics and send them to you. PM me. we have pretty much anything you want to wheel within an hour of town and some really hardcore stuff, I am constantly upgrading to be able to keep up with some of the people around here. I'll see if the guys from your area that were up here did any writeups or pics on the web and let you know. Thanks Cory

crzyxj

The cheaper the better!
ut4x4Bronco said:
I will try to go. Can you post some information on the trails and the free camping?

Thanks,
Dave
The areas to camp are in our city park up to 5 days,lots of shade, right next to the river or Sinks Canyon National park, which is about 15 minutes drive up the mountain. http://www.landerchamber.org/historicalsitestrails.aspx http://wyoparks.state.wy.us/scslide.htm
The trails in our area are mild to wild, One trail in particular is Shoshone Lake trail it is a class 4 12 miles long takes about 4-.4.5 hours round trip lots of boulders shelves Couple of fun water crossings. A rig with a 3" lift and a locker will have no problem with an experienced driver, It is alot of fun and there are some great obstacles to play on. I dont have a scanner so I cant send pics of that trail. Another is Christina trail, Starts out as an easy laid back trail with some rocks, a fairly deep river crossing and ends up very difficult towards the end. A stock or Budget boost lift can't really make it all the way the last two miles of that trail is vey technical and requires a built rig and good drivers. The third is the sawmill creek trail, It is about 25 miles and can be split up into three or four different runs, Hardcore areas ,Easy stock vehicle, and everything in between. I could go on forever about the areas to wheel around here but these are some of my favorites. Here is a couple of pics from a short run about 20 minutes from town that took about two hours on sunday afternoon. Let me know what you think and I'll see about digging up some more info. Thank you. You can contact me by phone if you have any questions at 800-281-4083, ask for Jayson Hope to see you there!
fairfieldhill041.jpg
fairfieldhill035.jpg
fairfieldhill032.jpg
fairfieldhill033.jpg
[/IMG]
fairfieldhill030.jpg

crzyxj

The cheaper the better!
mbryson said:
I won't make it up for the event as I've got prior commitments, but it looks like a cool area. How far is Lander from Evanston? 3 hours?
Yeah it is about 200 miles. I fyou do come up this summer I'll show you a pretty good shortcut. Thanks for the interest!

Bart

I used to hunt up in the Wind Rivers. Beautiful area for sure. Didn't know there was that much interest in off roading up there. I'd love to go back and hit some trails.

crzyxj

The cheaper the better!
The Off-road community has exploded around here in the last couple of years. There is all types of buggies and jeeps and just everything. We started the Wind River 4x4 Association 2 years ago with 5 members and since our first show and rally we have over 60 members! Our rally last year had 5 registered entrants, and 61 vehicles entered! we are expecting a huge turnout again this year. If you are planning to attend PM me your name and your rig so I have a way to meet everyone when you get here. You cant miss my rig! It's kind've ugly but works well! Thank all who post with interest in our event. It will be a great weekend for all who attend. I can give good directions to anyone who needs them just let me know!

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Hey sounds like a good time my brother was in that area a while back, and some dudes we met in Moab this year flagged him down off the main road and invited him to go. So we are planning on heading up unless my prison like job keeps me from it.......... Beautiful Wyoming or work....... ahh they can't stop me!

nate__82

The Mighty Green
sweet stuff! i served an lds mission part in lander and im going back up there for the 4th of july weekend with my jeep.. i would love some info on trails and stuff if you could pm me please!

Cory

So the meet and greet is at noon on Saturday? Will there by anyone leading trail rides on Friday or Sunday?
Any suggestions on good hotels, or ones to avoid? Or would there be a place to do the tent thing that had showers?

Last edited:

crzyxj

The cheaper the better!
Cory, the meet and greet is on friday at the Sleeping bear RV park. There is guided runs on fri sat and sun. Tent sites w/shower at the rv park, $16 night, Good hotels are Pronghorn Lodge, Best Western, OK hotel is The Maverick about $35 a night. Plenty of choices when you get here.
The Show and shine is at 9 AM on saturday until 1 or 2 PM. then there will be a couple of runs on saturday your choice we will have trail descriptions and sign up sheets at the show. Let me know when you will be in town and I'll keep a look out. For more info call Sleeping Bear rv park 307 332 5159

willies45

willies45
At this time we will have a run on Friday meeting at Mr.D's. We will have a group to leave Friday night for those who want to go over to the cassino in Riverton. On Sat. the show will be 0900 to 1400 as you come into town. There will be a run after the show upon the mountain and back by 1900 for a diner and awards meeting. On Sunday the will be a run to Cristina and another to Shoshonie Lake. Also if there is any one interesed in an extreme run we will organize one of those also. Hope to see you there.

crzyxj

The cheaper the better!
Thanks willies45 I was at a wedding on sat. and couldnt make the meeting. Are you and I running the run on friday? I'll be meeting some people coming into town around 11-12 sothey know where to go for the run. I'll stop by after work tonight to iron out all the details. C'ya