window tech please

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
I need someone to school me up on vinyl window R&R. I'm ready to finish my basement and the only way I can see to get an 8' or 12' drywall in is through the basement window frame.

The home and windows were new construction in '05. The windows are attached somehow to a pressure treated 2x4 which is attached to the foundation. The window is a slider type window roughly 5' x 4'. When I look at the window frame from the inside there are two phillips screws (one on each side of the frame) that are about 3" long. I don't see any other hardware. When I take those out the window frame moves, but doesn't feel ready to come out. There is a bunch of silicone on the outside between the window frame and foundation. Do you think it is just the silicone holding it in, or are there hidden screws somewhere?

I can get pics if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Toad

You will have the nail strip that runs around the window. When these are installed you silicone the grud out of them. But they should have more than 2 screws holding them in.

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
So in looking at the widow again, my memory failed me. It actually has two screws on each side and three in the top. I pulled out the slide track in the bottom and no screws there. I found a piece of trim at the bottom that looks like it might be holding the frame in place. Other than that I don't see any type of nailing strip. I'm not quite ready to R&R yet, but maybe it is just the silicone holding it.