South-West Utah Winter 4x4 Jamboree January 23rd and 24th, 2015

meach4x4

For those of you coming down today or tomorrow that didn't register yet: There is registration available tomorrow evening at the fairgrounds from 5 to 8 pm. If you get registered early, then Friday morning you can waltz right into the Select Trails table at 7 am. to get signed up for the trail you want to run on Friday. Otherwise, you get to stand in the line to go through registration on Friday morning before going to select trails.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This year will trail selection will be different than previous events. In order to select a trail, you will need to be the driver of the vehicle and have your registration packet with you. Only one trail selection per driver per day. We did this to speed up trail selections and to avoid confusion when one person signs up a group of people while the other people aren't registered... yata yata yata.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE: Sonny Boys BBQ is catering breakfast during the registration/trail selection each day from 7:00 to 8:00. Breakfast will be a nice meat/eggs/potato buffet for $7. Help us support them by getting a great breakfast for a reasonable price.

Gil

n1v3kt

I don't know a thing about any of these trails. I'm running a stock (with a winch) 2014 JKU Rubicon. For day 1, i'll have my dad with me who's got a bad neck (did a fusion in november) with me, so prolly wont want anything rock garden-ish or washboard city. Day 2 I'll be with my little brother so, no limitations there. I'm an amateur, i've done Marry Ellen Gultch, 5mile (up to but not including waynes world) and Mona Pole.

Pile of parts

Kind of late but, looking to run something quick in the morning before heading home. We ran The Maze and Chain Reaction. Don't know the area but would love to have someone show us around. Text me if you see this. We're sitting here for the dinner and raffle. 801-641-7451

meach4x4

We hope you all enjoyed the Winter 4x4 Jamboree as much as we did. What beautiful weather! We met a lot of people from all around Cali, Nevada, Idaho, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Minnesota, Ohio, and (of course) the rest of Utah. What a great bunch of people we got to wheel with. Come back and see us anytime. Oh, and next year we will be doing it all over again at Winter 4x4 Jamboree 2016! Most likely January 22nd and 23rd (soon to be confirmed).

Pile of parts

Yes, we did. We met up with yz250 and his impressive, speed built buggy. I think his name is Cody - sorry if i got that wrong. He took us through Nasty Half and we started in to something else but we had to turn around due to slight mechanical issue. Looking forward to coming back again. What a great event. Thanks!

Coco

I had a blast! Thank you again for the great event! I cant wait until next year! Great weather, great people. The buggy did awesome, and I will post up pics in the trip report section.

meach4x4

I had a blast! Thank you again for the great event! I cant wait until next year! Great weather, great people. The buggy did awesome, and I will post up pics in the trip report section.

Yeah, post 'em up! We love seeing the trail pics. Hopefully, we will get them put up on the Winter 4x4 Jamboree web page soon.

meach4x4

Thanks. Most of the credit has to go to Jeff, Julie, Cory, and Bud (The officers of Desert RATS) It was really gratifying that it actually came together so well. Final accounting is being done. Once they have the BLM and the caterer invoices we will be announcing the amount to be donated to UPLA and U4WDA. We are cautiously optimistic! Most of all, we are glad that everyone seemed to have a good time, and will be coming back next year.
:handlebars:

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I will be glad when you guys post up some pictures. Had to cancel this year so want to enjoy vicariously thru your pictures. Have a good time and tell everyone Jack said hello and hope to make it next year.