Winter 4x4 Jamboree Pictures/Video Thread

CrawlerCraig

How was DeKleined?

Possibly my new favorite trail down there!!! I know we didn't even come close to hitting everything as we ran out of daylight.

As for the hard trails I've done in sand hollow to compare it to: Boom Boom Room is pretty much impossible without rear steer gate keeper will prove that........ Sandtrax has 2 climbs that u need rear steer for as well...... Arowhead is probably the most technical but not to hard if u have good spotter. Chain Reaction I consider harder than arrowhead if u do you the entire trial and has more to offer to challenge the every type of crawler rear steer or not...
DeKliened has a little bit of everything crazy walls, technical wedges, and it has more than 4-5 really good obstacles! All of that listed above I think this trail will be the most popular for the buggy crowd.... Similar to how chain reaction is now....

You have found/made a great new trail rich!!! Thanks!!!!

I'm really interested in ur trail hero trails called Ash Creek and The Dutchman!! Looking forward to that event!

Lil' Rich

Thanks, Nic Melby is actually the one that found DeKleined, I just happened to be the first to roll in it. He more or less built the whole trail so that credit should go to him. I think myself and Newly are the only ones to do the gate keeper on the Boom Boom Room without rear steer. that being said, Rear steer is my next upgrade, may even build a new car with it after watching Jesse Haines new build...

Ash Creek is an old trail that has been around since 2000. I first ran it back in high school with Dean Bulloch and a few friends. The Dutchman was offered this year at winter 4x4 jamboree, I am really surprised this hasn't been run by more people, it is an awesome trail.

I have a whole slew of new trails ranging from 6-10 to literally 15 in difficulty. I say 15 because it will give guys like Kevin Carroll and Jesse fits. Not sure how many I can get established prior to Trail Hero, but at least it gives up the opportunity for new trails. The one I like the most is Rattle Snake Gultch, which is the river run up to Toquerville falls. Totally do able in a TJ/JK with 35's but it is a fun route with lots of optional lines for buggy guys and very scenic.
11258045_1101473173203493_3505390375661683626_n.jpg11260525_993815397304838_286005783965077309_n.jpg

Possibly my new favorite trail down there!!! I know we didn't even come close to hitting everything as we ran out of daylight.

As for the hard trails I've done in sand hollow to compare it to: Boom Boom Room is pretty much impossible without rear steer gate keeper will prove that........ Sandtrax has 2 climbs that u need rear steer for as well...... Arowhead is probably the most technical but not to hard if u have good spotter. Chain Reaction I consider harder than arrowhead if u do you the entire trial and has more to offer to challenge the every type of crawler rear steer or not...
DeKliened has a little bit of everything crazy walls, technical wedges, and it has more than 4-5 really good obstacles! All of that listed above I think this trail will be the most popular for the buggy crowd.... Similar to how chain reaction is now....

You have found/made a great new trail rich!!! Thanks!!!!

I'm really interested in ur trail hero trails called Ash Creek and The Dutchman!! Looking forward to that event!

Bart

We did Ash Creek back in 2000 or 2001 with Dean and Craig when it had a different name, but I can't remember it. Something to do with a circus truck that rolled off the freeway and down into the river. Great trail.

Lil' Rich

We did Ash Creek back in 2000 or 2001 with Dean and Craig when it had a different name, but I can't remember it. Something to do with a circus truck that rolled off the freeway and down into the river. Great trail.
It has changed a TON since then. I was on it about 4 years ago and it didn't look anything like it did in 2000. Then went back 3 months ago and it was totally different. Heavy rains push those rocks around like they are paperweights and these are rocks the size of VW bugs.

Once you get to the top, most people bail and go get their trailers but there is an old mining road that leads back to the bottom. The mining road takes about an hour to drive down, to drive up is another story and can get sketchy seeing as it is only 10 foot wide in spots. I plan to run it in April, but will go earlier if I can find someone with another rig that wants to give it a go. This is a trail that you should bring your big britches to...

Bart

It has changed a TON since then. I was on it about 4 years ago and it didn't look anything like it did in 2000. Then went back 3 months ago and it was totally different. Heavy rains push those rocks around like they are paperweights and these are rocks the size of VW bugs.
This is a trail that you should bring your big britches to...

Yep, agreed. We ran it 2 years after the first time and it was a completely different trail. Like any trail that is created in a river bed it changes dramatically every spring. Let me know when you're planning on hitting it.

XJEEPER

I lead plan B yesterday. No pictures as I was spotting most of the day but a great trip. One 1999 100 series was on our trail. It did great but did decide to take a nap on two wheels. Got a little fender/door damage. Took a small group through the last obstacles without any incident. A really good time just slow moving like all large groups are. Leading Renegade today. We will see how that goes.

Thanks for leading Plan B and showing me the optional obstacles, Mason and I had a great time!

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Thanks for leading Plan B and showing me the optional obstacles, Mason and I had a great time!
It was nice to finally meet you Jeff. You and your son were great. Your jeep is so nice and wheels so well. Come down any time and we will have more fun.