Winter 4x4 jamboree!

B-RAD

Thanks Gil for leading dbl Sammy even though I was at the back of the pack it was fun. and thanks Tim for leading Plan B on Saturday the bonus lines were a blast

capt scotty

Sam's rollover st george 2.jpg From Milt's Mile on Fri. Headed back out through the dunes. After trying several attempts on a dune his rack came open. he did not see this and reversed from the top of the dune and it dug in. This lifted the rear end and shoved him sideways, causing a roll to the side. we rolled him back, pulled the plugs, another Jeep carried his rack and out we went.

Coco

On Friday we did Chain Reaction, then on Saturday we did John's Trail, and TNT.

I love it down there, and definitely need to get down there more often. I could have been happier with the buggy. It did great! I am getting more and more of a feel for it the more I take it out.

And a size comparison compared to Hardline90s Jeep, and James' Jeep:

pkrfctr

I also lost two trailer tires on the way down and ended up just driving the jeep in the last hundred miles. Ran double sammy with Gill on friday, toward the back of the line. Lead Plan B on saturday. Started with 22 rigs but after the jumping jeep and resulting upper control arm wrapped around the axle we had 19. Had some welding done on a trackbar mount, thanx Will. And then lost a rearend in a tj. And of course Jinx can't be left out so he broke his leaf at the end. Took 2 LJ's, 2 broncos and the renegade through the final obstacles no issues. Then the work started, dragging atj up the sand dunes just flat sucks. Ended up winching him up the last little bit and off we went. Great day, great group-everyone was cool and patient with the big group. On sunday we ran milts mile including the new section which is a blast!! Then dragged the kids on sleds down the dunes.

R

rockdog

Fu fighter, are you the guy who came on Friday and told us we were in the wrong line? Only Craig and you were going up Arrowhead that day.

Lil' Rich

[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1031432920207519&l=2221967215006652492[/video]
10606248_10204535982953791_8468085000209276256_n.jpg
We ran Chain Reaction on Friday and Arrowhead on Saturday. Had a blast. Thanks to all that put this great event on, it was our first time to Sand Hollow and to this event and we look forward to next year...

Lil' Rich

It's good to be back. I miss the wheelin and I am pretty rusty at it. Borrowed Jesse Haines old Flatty and decided to go wheelin for the first time in 4 years during last weekend.

Coco

Well, I didnt know you before, so it was good to meet you Rich! Hopefully we can meet up, and go wheeling again!

meach4x4

Last night, we had a great meeting with the Desert Roads And Trails Society (Desert RATS). The purpose of the meeting was to review the 2015 Winter 4x4 Jamboree and announce the final figures.

We went through the processes and everyone contributed how we can improve this event for the participants, sponsors, vendors, trail crews, and registration. We came up with a few suggested changes that we will be excited to announce later in the year, after we have had a chance to get more feedback and fine tune them.

Corey, Desert RATS Treasurer, gave us the final figures for the event. The important numbers are that after all the bills were paid for insurance, BLM fees, State Park Fees, building rent, caterer, swag, rentals, advertising, web site, and signage, we ended up with just over $18,000 in the bank.

Desert RATS decided to put $5,000 into escrow to cover next year’s deposits and much-needed web site improvements for both the Winter 4x4 Jamboree and Desert RATS forum sites. That left $13,000 to be donated to land use, primarily focused on fighting against the 1,200 acre land exchange in the Sand Hollow/Sand Mountain/Hurricane Sand Dunes area. As promised, 65% of the proceeds ($8,450) will be paid to Utah Public Lands Alliance and 35% ($4,550) will be paid to Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association. UPLA and U4WDA will both contribute $100 each to the Blue Ribbon Coalition.

Thanks to all the people on RME Forum who helped us get the word out and who participated in the event. It is really significant that so many clubs and individuals from Northern Utah supported this event. Desert RATS welcomes you and all your friends back for the 2016 Winter 4x4 Jamboree on January 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 23[SUP]rd[/SUP], 2016!