Winter on the Rocks 2012

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
registration is now open........

Hi Del,
I am looking to come down for this but need a little advice.

We will have new baby that will be 5 months old with us so I need a couple of trails that are low key but I don't really want to be the guy on 40's on a plain dirt road.

Any suggestions for trails?

del0075

Hi Del,

We will have new baby that will be 5 months old with us so I need a couple of trails that are low key but I don't really want to be the guy on 40's on a plain dirt road.

be nice to have ya down again...

uuummm, well i dont want to be the one responsible for the safety of a 5 month old, but i can say i would of taken mine on west rim, johns trail, and slip lock. with those trails you can be mild or get wild. just make sure ya strap em in good........

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
be nice to have ya down again...

uuummm, well i dont want to be the one responsible for the safety of a 5 month old, but i can say i would of taken mine on west rim, johns trail, and slip lock. with those trails you can be mild or get wild. just make sure ya strap em in good........

Thanks buddy,
We had his older brother in Moab at 5 months, he liked it. I think we ran top of the world and hells revenge without Escalator or the hot tubs...

I have been dying to get back down there. Amazing Trails and Awesome people.

Do you need anyone to tail gun or what ever?

del0075

Thanks buddy,
We had his older brother in Moab at 5 months, he liked it. I think we ran top of the world and hells revenge without Escalator or the hot tubs...

I have been dying to get back down there. Amazing Trails and Awesome people.

Do you need anyone to tail gun or what ever?

we can always use help, check out the trip section over at utah4x4club. there is a trail help section there.....

RRBDodge

Hi Del,

My boy has been wheeling since my wife was 5 1/2 months pregnant. Slip Lock and West Rim are probably the two best trails in my opinion due to the fact that you can bypass the obstacles that you're not comfortable doing with you child in your rig. Now that my son is close to two he pretty much stays in the truck for everything and gets upset when we do take him out unless we are taking a break then he runs around the rocks and has a good ole time. Just look for me at the event I'll be the guy running around helping out wearing some sort of U.S. Army gear.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
My boy has been wheeling since my wife was 5 1/2 months pregnant. Slip Lock and West Rim are probably the two best trails in my opinion due to the fact that you can bypass the obstacles that you're not comfortable doing with you child in your rig. Now that my son is close to two he pretty much stays in the truck for everything and gets upset when we do take him out unless we are taking a break then he runs around the rocks and has a good ole time. Just look for me at the event I'll be the guy running around helping out wearing some sort of U.S. Army gear.

Do both of these trails have good trailer parking? I hate running stickies on pavement. :)

Also, as far places to stay, the holiday inn express looks close and how about anything in hurricane?

Last edited:

RRBDodge

Do both of these trails have good trailer parking? I hate running stickies on pavement. :)

Also, as far places to stay, the holiday inn express looks close and how about anything in hurricane?

Yes, the staging area for both of these trails have plenty of room for trailer parking

Hurricane hotels are a little closer to the fair grounds but any hotel in the St George area is no more than a 20 minutes away from the fair grounds

Last edited:

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Will there be electricity available where the trailers park at the fair grounds. The wife and I are on oxygen at night and would go to a campground if electricity is not available.

hoosier

mtn yot
Hey jack I have a nice generator you can barrow if you would like. Let me know. By the way nice meeting you last weekend. I was in the group with all the 4 runners I was driving the stock size red one.

jjamesyj

i knot that just back towards hurrican from the fairgrounds there was an rv park that was had some pretty good rates and it was nice and close to the fair grounds

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I have a generator but do not like to have it running all night, it is pretty loud. Thanks for the offer. It now depends on whether Joan wants to camp or motel it.

EB101

I'll be there.. If I knew the dates, It'd be in my calendar for the next 5 years at least. What a fun event!
There'll be a nice collection of Broncos again.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I have a generator but do not like to have it running all night, it is pretty loud. Thanks for the offer. It now depends on whether Joan wants to camp or motel it.

What about an inverter with some batteries? That would be quiet.