South-West Utah Winter On the Rocks 2013 (Jan 25th 26th) information and roll-call...

sixstringsteve

Steve you have been looking at all the pics of the obsticals, there are 5/6 trails every where, and like has been mentioned there are bypasses for all the obsticals on the trails i have been on.

ah, they've updated the trail list since the last time I visited the site. Good to know about the bypasses. I've run 2 trails up there before: West Rim and Sliplock Gulch.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Out of curiosity, what does the registration fee go towards? Does it go for land use, or to an org, or a private group of people?

Don B

formerly rebarguy
Out of curiosity, what does the registration fee go towards? Does it go for land use, or to an org, or a private group of people?

Off the top, it has to pay the costs of putting on the event; fairgrounds rental, insurance, fees for the BLM permit, etc... Other funds come in from the drawings and after all expenses are paid, what's left over is divided amongst the land use orgs. Nothing goes to any private group of people or individuals.

topless s-10

This is a first time for me I look forward to meeting a lot of new friends sounds like a good time I can finally see what my little s-10 can do just got done putting a 60 in the rear with a spool and 5.38's and a traction bar I'm excited!!!

EB101

I'll be there again! A number of Bronco's will be there again this year too. I stay at my dad's place, just around the corner from the Super 8.

-Steve

sixstringsteve

Steve I wouldn't mind going down and camping.. But I can't commit yet

Ok, cool. That could be a lot of fun. I mapped out a route that goes from Cedar City around the back of Zions and in to Hurricane. Not sure if it'll be covered in snow, but that might just make it all the more interesting. :D

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Is anyone here planning on camping? I'd love to have a few people to share a campsite with.

I thought about pulling the camper down this year, but I already have to get the buggy and the JK down there. A 28 foot camper is just too many trips. I would tent camp ,but as you know steve I don't sleep in tents.

Alljeep.com will be down there again this year. We plan on having the fix your rig station again. Hopefully this time WOTR wont forget we are a sponsor :)

ricsrx

Alljeep.com will be down there again this year. We plan on having the fix your rig station again. Hopefully this time WOTR wont forget we are a sponsor :)

Thanks for doing this, you guys saved me last year.

DAA

I can't commit yet, but am thinking of trying to make this too. Would be bringing the whole family and driving the Jeep down, so would be looking at the milder stuff.

- DAA