South-West Utah Winter On the Rocks 2013 (Jan 25th 26th) information and roll-call...

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
I think sand thrax is the hardest there and not listed on the trails. I've personally done Chain Reaction and TNT and they are a 9 for sure, everything on them is fun and you feel as though they are for mortals. None of them are a "10" though, I would say a 10 rated trail should be basically impassable, or a death wish! Everything in Sand Hollow is actually doable form my perspective. I would compare them to Upper Chainsaw in Delta is a 9 and New Helldorado is about 7.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
I just thought of this as well... on the trails you can identify and attempt 10+ obstacles cause its open roam wheeling there. Most of the time I have seen people do some really ridiculous lines that are in parallel with the actual trail.

Such as the beginning & the end of lower chainR has some good ones, the end of TNT, the beginning of Milts Mile, "you got to be nuts" on The Maze... lots of extreme stuff thats undocumented to the public as well. (similar to the delta trails being more privately developed duzzies!!!)

Although no on wants to see anyone get hurt doing them.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
I was just on the the winter on the rocks web site and did not see any 10 rated trails. Will there be any?

Craig, there are a couple trails that are that hard, Arrowhead, Sandthraxx and Joint Effort would all qualify. There are a few of us running a combination of those trails throughout the weekend, you are welcome to run them with us if you like.

Going to try to make it. Gotta get the leave approved. If we do that'll be a 92 Pathy sas'd, locked, geared, 4:1 t-case on 37's, etc and a 00 Ram 1500 locked, geared, one ton running gear, 4:1 t-case on 37's etc, in the line-up. Looking at doing the Maze. Would it be ok in a fullsize? Never wheeled St. George.

Last edited:

Craig S

Commando
Craig, there are a couple trails that are that hard, Arrowhead, Sandthraxx and Joint Effort would all qualify. There are a few of us running a combination of those trails throughout the weekend, you are welcome to run them with us if you like.

Thanks Tracy for the invite, I signed up for the event so I want to run the toughest trails that they have. I would like to run the other trails sometime. What are the best trails that are listed for winter on the rocks?

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Thanks Tracy for the invite, I signed up for the event so I want to run the toughest trails that they have. I would like to run the other trails sometime. What are the best trails that are listed for winter on the rocks?

Chain Reaction, Nasty Half and TnT are going to be the toughest trails that are offered through the event.

kungfufighter06

out of my way bitches!
If there is enough people that want a harder trail we can set one up for the event. Last year no one signed up for arrowhead so we took it off the list this year.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Not looking good for us this year :-\

Unless....

Alljeep.com will be down there again this year. We plan on having the fix your rig station again. Hopefully this time WOTR wont forget we are a sponsor :)

I'll just bring my jeep down in it's current status and you can finish my motor swap, yes? :greg:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Not looking good for us this year :-\

Unless....

I'll just bring my jeep down in it's current status and you can finish my motor swap, yes? :greg:

that sounds like a plan! Since all of the work we do in our fix your rig station at WOTR is free, so we can keep people on the trails, it would work out nice for you ;)

Will anyone be running a trail on the 24th?? i'll be down there early AM and can't check into the motel until 2:00, so i'm thinking something like nasty half or chain reaction to kill time :)

But am open to run pretty much anything, if not i'll just wander out to the flintstone house and probably do a quick run up double sami or smurffettes.

AX10TOY

Undecided
Will anyone be running a trail on the 24th?? i'll be down there early AM and can't check into the motel until 2:00, so i'm thinking something like nasty half or chain reaction to kill time :)

But am open to run pretty much anything, if not i'll just wander out to the flintstone house and probably do a quick run up double sami or smurffettes.

I will be down as long as I get my front end fixed we could meet up