Winter On The Rocks 2014

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Being the late riser that I am int he mornings by the time I got to the fairgrounds all the trails I wanted to run were full, And I didnt drive 5 hours to run Milts mile (No Offense to the folks who run milts mile). Having no idea where many of the trails start in Sand Hollow We started calling around trying to find a guide to take us to the maze. Thats when we found XJNate and his obsessed cat loving weirdo of a BIL, lucky for us they took us where we needed to go and proved to be make a pretty good personnal trail guide with plenty of laughs were had by all.

This trip was kind of out of the norm for us, My grand parents 85 and 84 decided they wanted to come down and see what we had been talking about all these years. So we carted them around both days and My grandpa is looking forward to coming out on the trail with us more often.

We really need to stop more and take alot of pictures, We were all so bust having and awesome time nobody took alot pictures...

This is my Wifes JK on double Sammy:

This is the obsessed Cat loving unibody driving weirdo named Todds capable little XJ

Nate took a quick little spill in the ultra light XJ:

My Dad and grandpa on double sammy:

And the big orange pumpkin JK on the last obstacle on double sammy:

Here is a video of our JK coming through a pretty sketchy crack on the maze. We had a ton of people tell me there is no way to get a JK through that without wiping the side of the Jeep out. So of course I had to prove them wrong.... You can skip to the half way mark it doesnt get good til the end. Its nothing to crazy but it was a tight squeeze for the rock limo and as always the video doesnt do it justice

[video=youtube;yHoNvL8ZnPA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHoNvL8ZnPA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

And yes you can hear me talking crap to Brian (TJDukit) halfway through because he wont take his JK through it.........:p

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Hahaha he does love cats. I had a seriosly fun time meeting you guys and hanging out all weekend and now I like more than one JayKay. Here are the few pics that I got
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
And a quick vid of me jumping it.
[video=youtube;1UAdjmF884A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UAdjmF884A&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

N-Smooth

Lyle (spelling?) and I spotting you through that crack was the best cause we were both scared you were going to destroy the JK. You did come close to doing some real damage but thank goodness for fender flares!

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Had a great time, it sucks to come back to the cold weather!

Friday- I ran tailgunner for Pckfctr on Slip Lock and what a AWESOME group of people. We had 25+ rigs and everyone was super helpfully and really friendly.
Damage Report-
One Tj ended up on his top, he caught a rock on a side hill. Very Minimal damage, Fender and rubbed soft top. Cleaned out his engine and he drove the rest of day.
Another TJ slipped onto his side but was able to drive out of it.
Rock rubs on a couple of body parts but nothing big...
I cool little yota buggy had an issue with his front driveline, but it seems like he drove it out...
Pkrfctr spit out his front coil a couple of time but no biggie...

Here is the only non family/kid pic I took from that trail, its Tim posing with the my wife's buggy on the last wedge. (if I were cool I would rotate it)

WOTR orange wedge.JPG

wheelewagon

You actually spelled my name right xj_nate. And its orange crush you dick skippy! lol. It was tons of fun, and I was really glad we met nate and todd. It was awesome to get out with you guys. And really awesome to get nate up his nemesis obstacle. I was to busy having fun I did't pull my phone out and take one pic. I'll need to go through the pics my wife took with our nice camera and post em up'

N-Smooth

You actually spelled my name right xj_nate. And its orange crush you dick skippy! lol. It was tons of fun, and I was really glad we met nate and todd. It was awesome to get out with you guys. And really awesome to get nate up his nemesis obstacle. I was to busy having fun I did't pull my phone out and take one pic. I'll need to go through the pics my wife took with our nice camera and post em up'
Heck yes we got that stupid nemesis obstacle! Todd (weird cat guy) got a pic of me trying it but no one got video proof
image.jpg

Coco

Another great trip! I had a blast, even though (again) I still didnt have my own rig to wheel. That makes both times to WOTR ride a long, but still both were very fun trips!

Friday we ran Nasty Half, then part of TNT.

Pops rolled on the beginning of TNT, Jeep held up great, couple more dings and dents, but everyone was fine inside, a couple bumps, but that was all. My mom delayed scream from the backseat was pretty epic :D

Pics from Saturday, ran Joint Effort with the Hares, then went on to Arrow Head.

Keep in mind both these rigs are on 54" Baja Claw TTCs to put stuff into perspective.

A nice on the way out after we pulled James off the trail after he ripped a bracket off the frame:

ricsrx

more from Hunter

[video=youtube_share;T9wucVkAEWs]http://youtu.be/T9wucVkAEWs[/video]

[video=youtube_share;3OWoJKYGjBE]http://youtu.be/3OWoJKGjBE[/video]

[video=youtube_share;1uMwqkg1lNw]http://youtu.be/1uMwqkg1lNw[/video]

http://youtu.be/Uodql-3Mn-U

Last edited:

pkrfctr

Friday- lead sliplock. 29 vehicles. Good group, great time.
Saturday- maze, see jinx's post
Sunday- Plan B with a group of locals and a few 'bush eater' club members. Great group, it was super nice not to have to spot people all day!
Monday-Johns trail, had to take a winch in the 'bowl' couldn't quite pull it. I would love to see someone make the hard line on the last obsticle. Clay? :)

Attachments

• 20140127_110508.jpg
    20140127_110508.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
It was a pretty good weekend even if I did injure myself almost as soon as I should up. I fell off a 3-4' ledge while night wheeling with Jinxspot and landed right on my ribs. I'm still in recovery right now. The rest of the weekend went much better, ran The Maze with Skippy and his dad and Nate and Todd and Lyle on Friday, Saturday I ran Double Sammy and tried to run Nasty Half but it was clogged up due to a breakdown in the wedge.

Lots of fun and I got to wheel with some new people and some old friends. I got some video that I need to upload but it's all still in my Jeep and I'm way to lazy to go get it.

littlyota

It was a great trip.

Thurs - Sliplock, Johns trail, and something else we just happen to find
Friday - Played in the dunes, Milts Mile, Double Sammy
Sat - The Maze
Sunday - Rode the RZR and did Double Sammy in the RZR

It was a great time, no real damage and made it home in one piece.

Here is my crew, most of them are out of Vegas

WOTR 1.jpg