Winter On the Rocks

rholbrook

Here are a couple of pictures from Milt's Mile today. I really enjoyed the trail and enjoyed the company. Thanks Milt.

Attachments

• IMG00504.jpg
    IMG00504.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG00506.jpg
    IMG00506.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG00502.jpg
    IMG00502.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG00507.jpg
    IMG00507.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG00508.jpg
    IMG00508.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG00509.JPG
    IMG00509.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 39

ricsrx

I really liked Milts mile as well, alittle of every thing.

StGeorge064.jpg

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
Yep my first time running it as well on Saturday. Had a great time and I was impressed how well everyone did and especially surprised how well my jeep did (locker free :)) Can't believe i've lived there for almost 2 years and never ran it. Also a huge thanks to the trail leader he did a great job.

4xranger

4xranger
winter on the rocks 2010

had a awsome time on the trails we ran the west rim. had a great trail leader our thanks to kurt :thumbs:. looking forward to the next time we can play in the sand with rocks. :D

rholbrook

Slip Lock Saturday

Here come all the rigs to the trail heads. Part are for Milts Mile, Slip Lock and West Rim.

Attachments

• here they come.jpg
    here they come.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Nice TJ.jpg
    Nice TJ.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 8

rholbrook

The Line Up

Some of the rigs going on Slip Lock on Friday.

Attachments

• jeeps.jpg
    jeeps.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Jeep4.jpg
    Jeep4.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 10
  • jeep5.jpg
    jeep5.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 19
  • jeep2.jpg
    jeep2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Jeep3.jpg
    Jeep3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 9

rholbrook

On the Trail

On the trail.

You can see the rigs on the West Rim from here.

Attachments

• Dunes.jpg
    Dunes.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 16
  • jeep6.jpg
    jeep6.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 14
  • jeep7.jpg
    jeep7.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 13
  • line.jpg
    line.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 13
  • sami.jpg
    sami.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 16
  • WestRim.jpg
    WestRim.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 14

rholbrook

Boredom

For me the fun ended right here. First person to try this obstacle broke his rear yoke. Instead of moving it out of the way and fixing it off to the side of the trail they decide to fix it in the middle of the obstacle. An an hour and a half later after being unsuccessful in the repairs they decided to pull it up the obstacle and out of the way. By this time, some of the attendees had gotten bored and left. Next time might I suggest that the broken down rig be moved so others can enjoy the obstacle sooner rather than later. Its not like the jeep was immobilized. Thats just my opinion.

Attachments

• busted yoke.jpg
    busted yoke.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 25
  • busted 2.jpg
    busted 2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 27
  • busted 3.jpg
    busted 3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 30
  • busted 4.jpg
    busted 4.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 29
  • boredom.jpg
    boredom.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 22

del0075

For me the fun ended right here. First person to try this obstacle broke his rear yoke. Instead of moving it out of the way and fixing it off to the side of the trail they decide to fix it in the middle of the obstacle. An an hour and a half later after being unsuccessful in the repairs they decided to pull it up the obstacle and out of the way. By this time, some of the attendees had gotten bored and left. Next time might I suggest that the broken down rig be moved so others can enjoy the obstacle sooner rather than later. Its not like the jeep was immobilized. Thats just my opinion.

if it wasnt for the yoke being in 4 pieces and and completely broke out, we would have moved it, but then more than likely he would of replaced the ring and pinion and the locker, there was nothing holding the pinion in place. the owner wanted to move it, but i decided to try to fix it, we was told stratton had a yoke, but it eas the wrong spline count. so wee found the pieces and a large washer and pulled the pinion back in place and winched him out. so all i can say is if it was your jeep there i would of done the same thing. it was also a case of people not following instructions and going on the right trails, there was only 21 signed up and we had 38 there, and the other 2 trails only had 3 on one and 9 on the other

rholbrook

It was an unfortunate circumstance that it happened. By the looks of that jeep it shouldn't have broken down. Was there anything not replaced on that jeep? Mechanically, I suffer so I would have argued with you to move my jeep had it broken down. How many people knew that it was in a bunch of pieces? I was no less than 30 feet away and the severity of it was never heard by my ears and several others that asked me if I knew my way out. Communication always helps but its over now and I still had a fantastic time at Winter on the Rocks and can't wait till next year.

Next time Stratton needs to carry the right yoke.:D:D Stratton seems to carry alot of spare parts. I am surprised he never had a yoke for every axle out there and spline out there. I was wheeling with him up Old Ward Canyon road when he broke a u-joint and he fixed it there and had all the parts and tools to do it. Actually, I just realized why Stratton had the wrong yoke. He doesn't have the XJ anymore so he doesn't have enough room for an assortment of yokes.

del0075

It was an unfortunate circumstance that it happened. By the looks of that jeep it shouldn't have broken down. Was there anything not replaced on that jeep? Mechanically, I suffer so I would have argued with you to move my jeep had it broken down. How many people knew that it was in a bunch of pieces? I was no less than 30 feet away and the severity of it was never heard by my ears and several others that asked me if I knew my way out. Communication always helps but its over now and I still had a fantastic time at Winter on the Rocks and can't wait till next year.

Next time Stratton needs to carry the right yoke.:D:D Stratton seems to carry alot of spare parts. I am surprised he never had a yoke for every axle out there and spline out there. I was wheeling with him up Old Ward Canyon road when he broke a u-joint and he fixed it there and had all the parts and tools to do it. Actually, I just realized why Stratton had the wrong yoke. He doesn't have the XJ anymore so he doesn't have enough room for an assortment of yokes.

with that many people communication is tuff, we tried to let as many know as we could, that jeep has very little that breaks, and they have done most all of our trails down here. the owner felt bad for holding up the group, but i am still the one that told him not to, we had 2 mechanics in our group, and they both asked why we didnt move it, when they found out what it was, they both agreed to try and get it fixed what we could. im glad ya had a good time, and if ya ever want to come back down let us know, we usually get out a couple times a month........

bschroeder

I was in-line on this trail also, Whoever was in the jeep that broke don't feel bad because all of the people who complained were the ones who didn't have a built enough rig to try the obstacle, so don't feel bad it happens to everyone, besides that it's not like the obstacle you were trying was a walk in the park. Bump for the coolpictures though guys it was an excellent trip.

xjelmo99

Yeah that sucked, matt and kimley are the nicest people! it was to bad they couldn't finish the trail with us because of that yoke! but yeah it was a pretty nasty break! Great Pictures keep them comin! :D