wireing help

mikeh

I put a 84 305 and 700r4 in my 86 cj7. i cant figure out the wireing for it. i changed the distubuter so i dont need all the cumputer stuff. can i use the harnes from the jeep and just bypass the brain box or what do i need to do.any help would be appreciated thank. mike.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Assuming it's a standard GM HEI ignition system, you can scrap out all of the AMC junk and just run a hot wire straight to the "BAT" wire on the distributor cap.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I'd buy a lock up kit for the tranny. I think B&M is where I got mine. Maybe Painless. It's one hot wire and a pressure switch you need to mount.
You must get a TV cable in place and make sure it is adjusted right. I forget the number, but 80 psi seems right. Just research it.

mikeh

thankes that helps out a lot. got it running today had one wire in the wrong spot.get the tranny figured out i will be ready to break something so i can fix it. It is a 1984 tranny and it has 4 wires going into the drivers side just above the pan. this sounds dumb but what is the TV cable you talking about. thanks mike.

Last edited: