GMC / Chevy Won't turn over????

offroaddave

It's just one term!
First, this is a 2003 silverado w/ a 6.0. Auto.

I ran out of gas yesterday on my way home from work. ( I know Im a dumass, but I had 1/4 tank when I left, should have been fine).
I get off the side of the hwy and notice the shift indicator is not showing what gear it's in, shifts thru all the gears, nuetral works thats how I got off to the side of the road.
Then I try to crank it over hoping there's enough fuel to get me off the freeway, and it won't even turn over . WTF.
Put five gallons of gas in and still nothing.

Jumped the starer and it cranks, but won't start. Battery is fine.
The fuel pump isn't running when the key is turned to on, but why wouldn't it crank if it was the fuel pump.

Any advice would help tons, and save me some money also.
Thanks Dave

Chevycrew

I would start with all the fuses, maybe it didnt run out of fuel but the pump shorted and blew a fuse. Or could be another electrical issue like the safety switch?

Good luck to you.

ATOYA4U

Cheating is trying!!
I had a similar problem when a tranny line blew. I fixed the tranny line but still would not work until I cleared the codes!

offroaddave

It's just one term!
I would start with all the fuses, maybe it didnt run out of fuel but the pump shorted and blew a fuse. Or could be another electrical issue like the safety switch?

Good luck to you.

Thanks for the wish of good luck.
I hade some. :D

20 amp fuse PCM B
I'd checked a bunch on the side of the road, but not that one.
Thanks everyone for your input.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Now find out why it blew, or you may find yourself sitting on the freeway again. They don't just get old and blow.

offroaddave

It's just one term!
Now find out why it blew, or you may find yourself sitting on the freeway again. They don't just get old and blow.

Now you have me concerned.
That's the wife ride and I don't need her out there stuck.

Any ideas?

The only electical anything I've done since I had it were trailer brakes three years ago.
No stereo upgrades, nothing I can think of. :confused:

jeepers

is it diesel ? i have an engine anlizer you can hook to ur computer and run some codes i will let ya use it i fix everything with it lol

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
You need to find out everything that is powered by that circut, and make sure that each items work right when powered up. A 20 amp fuse usually runs larger items, or several items in one circut. Are you sure that it is supposed to be a 20?

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Check all grounds and connections, especially where the trailer harness was installed, something may have come loose. Also check your wiring to your o2 sensors, could have a worn wire somewhere, happened to me last year.