• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Wood Worker Wanted

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I saw the post a while back about wood working projects people had. Well I'm in need of some work done. I have some dining room chairs that are 35-40 years old. They are in pretty rough shape. I think mostly it's glue coming apart, causing the chairs to come apart. There are some cracks in the wood and even a few breaks in the wood. Most of them are pretty much unsafe to sit in, but we use them every night.

Anyone on here have the ability to basically take them apart and rebuild them? Then either repairing the broken parts or replacing them with new ones? They are pretty basic chairs and I can put up a picture if needed.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
HUGE, HUGE thanks to moab_cj5 for rebuilding my chairs. He came and picked them up, rebuilt them and then delivered, free of charge!

My grandpa built this dinning room set for my parents as a wedding gift 40 years ago. Most of the chairs were on their last leg, almost literally. I was afraid we might have to scrap these chairs, and didn't want to do that. I have been eating dinner on these chairs almost my whole life. I inherited this set when my mother passed away a few months ago.

Now thanks to Dave, I'll be eating on them for another 40 years!

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
You are very welcome! I was happy to help before, but now knowing the whole history, even happier we could extend their life!

Merry Christmas! I guess pay it forward when you get the chance...:D