WOTR 2015?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
He responded to my message on FB and said it will actually be 1/23-24 (Fri-Sat), not Sat-Sun

N-Smooth

Does anyone know why Del decided not to do this....

I just figured it's probably a ton of work and maybe it's grown bigger than he wants to deal with. Don't know him though so it's just an assumption. The desert rats are doing it all non-profit with everything going to land use so that's cool. That didn't work for another southern Utah even a couple of years ago but here's to hoping this one works!

meach4x4

Stay tuned for more info on the Winter 4x4 Jamboree, to be held Jan 23 and 24th, 2015 at Sand Mountain/Sand Hollow/Washington County Fairgrounds. It will be organized by Desert Roads And Trails Society (Desert R.A.T.S.) More info is on the Facebook page under Winter4x4Jamboree.

meach4x4

That other "southern Utah event a couple of years ago" was NOT a Non-profit Organization. Desert R.A.T.S is. All proceeds above operating expenses will be donated to land use, and primarily this year, it will be used to keep Sand Mountain open, so that we can always be able to enjoy events like we have in the past.

Gil Meacham
President - Utah Public Lands Alliance
utahpla.com

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Stay tuned for more info on the Winter 4x4 Jamboree, to be held Jan 23 and 24th, 2015 at Sand Mountain/Sand Hollow/Washington County Fairgrounds. It will be organized by Desert Roads And Trails Society (Desert R.A.T.S.) More info is on the Facebook page under Winter4x4Jamboree.

Thanks Gil to you and your group. Post up if there is something we can do to help.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
It sucks I won't be able to be there this year and who knows when the next time it will be for me but thank you guys for stepping up and keeping it going.

N-Smooth

That other "southern Utah event a couple of years ago" was NOT a Non-profit Organization. Desert R.A.T.S is. All proceeds above operating expenses will be donated to land use, and primarily this year, it will be used to keep Sand Mountain open, so that we can always be able to enjoy events like we have in the past.

Gil Meacham
President - Utah Public Lands Alliance
utahpla.com

I hope my post didn't feel like an attack or even assumption that you're not going to keep your word. Let's just get that out there. I'm excited for the event and happy you guys were willing to take it over!

Last edited:

meach4x4

Thanks Nate. I appreciate the support. We look forward to seeing all the folks down here to support our efforts to keep Sand Mountain an Open OHV area. There are a couple of things we can all do to help out.

First (and maybe the easiest) is to stay tuned, and when Desert RATS opens their Winter4x4Jamboree website for registration, sign up and come down for the event. Proceeds from the event will help us get the word out to local, state, and national level bureaucrats and politicians.

Second, stay tuned on the land use side of this forum and on our Utahpla.com website to see when we call for public input.

Happy Trails!

Gil Meacham

R

rockdog

Well I just consulted the officials! And it appears the unofficial winter event has been called off! Those of us who were unofficial now will register for the official event! Yee Haww!! Thank you so much for carrying this on. I know it makes an impact financially on the local economy.

Bart

Great to see you doing this Gil. Wish I could make it this year, but it's prolly not going to happen. I'll give the FB page as much love as I can.

meach4x4

Winter 4x4 Jamboree site is up complete with early registration. The site is fresh off the programmer's keyboard. We have given it a quick test, and even had a few early registrations. All looking good, and we will be adding enhancements and more pics and trail descriptions as soon as we can. There will be more trails available this year, including trails for stock rigs that want to just see the sites and get some moderate 4x4 in while they are at it. Of course, there will be all the buggy fun that Sand Hollow is known for. We have most of the volunteers returning from previous years, plus a few more.

Remember, Desert Roads And Trails Society is a non-profit organization. That means everything above operating costs goes directly to land use.

Site is at http://www.winter4x4jamboree.com

Happy Trails!

meach4x4

Great to see you doing this Gil. Wish I could make it this year, but it's prolly not going to happen. I'll give the FB page as much love as I can.
Gee Bart, sorry you won't be able to make it. I had you down to lead Sandthrax trail for us! j/k Seriously, we really have to get together and catch up whenever you are passing through. Meanwhile, get all your buddies up there to come down and do some trails with us.

Gil

R

rockdog

Gil, could you explain the fee structure a little more than your link shows? I just says $100. What does that cover? Both days? One rig? What if we don't want dinners(we will probably have a lot of kids with us @ $17 a pop) Will we get a trail choice? We have built rigs and would prefer trails suitable for them (arrow head, etc. ) I guess I'd just like more info before sending you $200.00 Thanks, Phil:D