WOW

YOUKNOW

I posted these on my facebook page, and got a lot of feedback. I thought I would share with you guys something I came upon at my parents house in Lake Havasu, AZ. I was in the launch ramp waiting area for a spot to open up for me to launch our boat. I saw this guy back his boat down the launch ramp. He would stop, then move back a little, then stop, then back a little. I don't know what he was thinking. He finally reached the point of no return. His boat was still connected to the trailer, so it started to lift the back tires of the truck. The rear tires were above the concrete about 3 feet and he kept sliding back into the water. We had to pull him out, but his engine didn't sound to good. His first words to me after I fished his boat out of the water was "why didn't you take my boat off the trailer?"

site6-1-1.jpg

As luck would have it, we showed up at the end of the day to take the boat off the water, and our new friend was there at the same time. He didn't want to tie up his boat to the dock like everyone else.

site6-3.jpg

site6-4.jpg

Luckily, he didn't go into the water this time, but someone had to pull him out of the water again.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
That's fantastic! :rofl: The worst I've seen is people dragging their outdrives up the ramp, nothing that compares to this. :rofl::rofl:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
awesome. I would have enjoyed being there. I love watching stuff like this unfold.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Give me a comfy camping chair and a cooler of beverages and I could spend all day watching people on a boat ramp.

I was at Utah lake once when a family showed up in a suburban with two waverunners in tow. Granny and grandaughter (13-15) jumped up on the pwc's when they turned round at the top of the ramp. Dad backed halfway down the ramp, tapped the brake, off come the brand new pwc's. They slid 10-12 feet down the ramp. Granny and grandaughter just sat there and looked at each other. Left two nice white marks on the concrete. Tears of joy, i tell ya.

YOUKNOW

The worst I've seen is people dragging their outdrives up the ramp.

Those are my favorite!

Give me a comfy camping chair and a cooler of beverages and I could spend all day watching people on a boat ramp.

You are right on with that comment. Locals used to bring their chairs and drinks and watch all of the action go on. The police shut it down because of violence between the boaters and the hecklers. The whole sidewalk area was full of people back then. Holiday weekends are the best time to watch. A full day of alcohol on the water is not good. I have seen husbands yelling so loud at their wifes that Russia could have heard it. It gets pretty bad.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Watching a soccer mom unload a couple PWCs on a boat ramp with a front wheel drive minivan was hilarious...she roasted those tires for 10 minutes on the mossy ramp before we went and drug her out.

I agree...a cooler full of beer and a lawn chair on a boat ramp is all the entertainment I need!!

BOB-CAT

THE PUNISHER
Havasu is a wild place, nice boats, bikes and boobs. We went down for the Bike Laughlin river run and towed my buddys thunder Jet for the boat regatta to watch the times but it ended up to be to windy on Sat. We spent 3 days during the week on the river, way fun.

OREGON85

from OREGON
I saw man sitting in a boat while his wife backed it down the ramp (I suppose this was for a quick get away). She got a little crossed up then panicked and slammed on the brakes. Naturally, they had the boat completely unhooked from the trailer and dropped it on the ramp about 10' from the water.