writing mp3's

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
ace said:
What program do you use to write mp3's from cd? Itunes only seems to write in thier own format.

MediMonkey.com, the MP3 encoder is free for a month. It also will rip FLAC, OGG, WMA, and others. Also a great option to manage your music....I am not a fan of windows media or itunes....

Caleb

I use iTunes, to change it all you have to do is go to EDIT -> Preferences -> Advanced Tab -> Importing Tab -> Then choose on the import using menu MP3 Encoder and then you can also choose the bitrate you want to import at (I use 192). Now click OK and now anytime you import a song it will be in MP3 rather than AAC. Also, anything you have in there already you can select (all at once if you would like) and choose in the Advanced "Convert Selected to MP3" and it will convert all your non-mp3s to mp3 :)

Last edited:

Bone Down

yup CDex it is free and this link is to ver. 1.51 on sourceforge.net.

update to the latest lame as mentioned earlier and you will be good to go.

I use linux so K3B is my mp3 ripper at this time.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Supergper said:
I use iTunes, to change it all you have to do is go to EDIT -> Preferences -> Advanced Tab -> Importing Tab -> Then choose on the import using menu MP3 Encoder and then you can also choose the bitrate you want to import at (I use 192). Now click OK and now anytime you import a song it will be in MP3 rather than AAC. Also, anything you have in there already you can select (all at once if you would like) and choose in the Advanced "Convert Selected to MP3" and it will convert all your non-mp3s to mp3 :)
The mac expert beat me to it!! You just need to tell iTunes to set everything to MP3 format.

ace

Parts Collector
Supergper said:

You da' man. Thanks:p