WTB AMC 20 wide track axle

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Throw a truss on it and it will be stronger than a Dana 44. 20's are cheap to buy and if you already have the good parts for it then reuse them. If not then I may have a 44 that would work for you.

absolute

I have a newer axle that is trussed and will be removing the leaves for links and coils.

I spun the center section and would like to find an axle to replace the rear till all parts are sitting in the garage. I hate not driving my Jeep.

The 44 sounds interesting. Let me know the specs and what it came out of.
Thanks
Nick

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Why cant you un-spin the center section? I've done it to a few 20's, usually in the campground after a day in Moab.

A jack and pipe wrench usually does the job. Align the pinion where you need it, and weld her up. No need to even remove the axle. Then truss it for a little insurance.

absolute

Bcgper. Thanks for the help. I will give it a shot. I didn't even think about that. Been a hectic few months. Just moved to the area and still unpacking my tools.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
My 44 is out of my Commando. I think it's too narrow. You'll be better off fixing what you have.

absolute

Thanks unstuck. I also figured that 20's are cheap that maybe someone would have one laying around. I'm still debating what I will be doing with this CJ. Might just make it retromod and let the wife drive it. Been tinkering with the idea on a 4 seater buggy instead.

absolute

No Joy with pipe wrench and floor jack. Had the entire Jeep lifted by wrench and it wouldn't even budge. Tried cheater bar, a little heat... nada! So back to the original post. Just want to drive the Jeep, can't stand having things sitting around not working properly.

Thanks for any input and help.
Nick