XJ Body Work

Brett

Meat-Hippy
So, who is good with body work that would like to help me straighten my inner left fender and and front crossmember tommorow? I've got the day off so I need to get some work done on it. Either that, or I am going to cut out the inner fender on the other Jeep that I have and weld it onto this one. I dunno if it's worth trying to straighten, but we'll see.

Oh yeah, it's on a XJ :D

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Originally posted by JeepinJoe
Are you trying to fix your donor XJ? Cause that one's got a bent body on it.

Yeah, I noticed that drivers door is a little off, but it's easy to straighten stuff out compared with swapping out a motor, tranny and the computer to run the auto.

We'll see. If it's not worth it, I can still swap to the red one.

JoeT

Man, you have a project and a half there! Did you see the 2 XJ's in the thrifties section in the paper for $300 this weekend?

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Man, you have a project and a half there! Did you see the 2 XJ's in the thrifties section in the paper for $300 this weekend?

Yeah, but it's not really that hard. It just takes a while. I really don't mind if there's a bit of tweakage on the Jeep. I can deal with that. Suspension is still good, as is the drivetrain. Engine runs and is extremely quiet. It's nice. Plus, I am taking a nice 3 row open radiator home with me tonight to toss in it, along with a new serpentine belt.

Nope, didn't even read the paper this weekend. I was outside freezing my butt off working on the two XJ's and Jons ZJ.

JoeT

That's cool. Maybe you'll hack the top off?:D I'm going to see if I can just put a tube into that problem tire of mine. Driving around with 3 35's and 1 bald 33" sucks. I might be snagging a totaled 93 XJ this week for about $100.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
That's cool. Maybe you'll hack the top off?:D I'm going to see if I can just put a tube into that problem tire of mine. Driving around with 3 35's and 1 bald 33" sucks. I might be snagging a totaled 93 XJ this week for about $100.

So that 35 won't hold air for you? That's weird cause it held on those rims that Judd had them on.

Brett

JoeT

The numbnuts that took it off for him screwed it up. I know the tire was good because I saw all 4 with air in them on rims.

CryogenicZJ

I used to drive a ZJ
Here's a thought on the tire problem.......using tubes in all 4 tires would help when airing down and not having to worry about breaking a bead loose while rock climbing, correct??? Maybe I'm way off......just a thought!!!

Brett

Meat-Hippy
after many hours of slaving over the left front corner, the fender, the hood and the front clip are on and making it look like a Jeep again. Gotta love the 2 lb sledge!:D