XJ leafs

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Ok guys what have you used, what have you heard, whats good, whats bad????

The XJ is in desperate need of leafs 4.5-6" range.
Opinions and sugestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please?

Or and coils too

(nothing from the folically challenged Mr. Bryson/Mr. I stack AAL)

Oh, man I am asking for it with that comment........

THANKS
MARC M

If you're trying to avoid buying springs and go the cheap way you can mix springs from a older model Dakota. They're a spring under(I think) so the leafs are arched much more, you can combine them with your large leaf and get somewhere around 4" with them, then use a shackle for 2" more. Check the naxja website (www.naxja.org). Those guys do all kinds of things to avoid buying a pack, some with good success too. I have Rusty's on the rear and they're great, very smooth with lots of flex and no shimming required. If you want front springs I would order some from Skyjacker or Rubicon Express, they seem to have decent springs that flex and ride well.

trpl xj

I am in the process of putting in some Skyjacker 8"ers right know. I had Tomken 5" springs before, they flexed pretty well but sagged over time (about 3 years) Allcan makes some awesome springs if you have the $$

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Well, it has custom Nationals now that SUCK!
S'd and sgged BAD!

$$ are always an issue, but I want the right spring more that the right $. I went through soooo many leafs on the Bronco, I do not want to do that again.

I have narrowed it down to Big Offroad/Alcan and RE, just not sure. Other question is 6" springs or 4.5" springs and shackle????

Thanks
Marc M

I say always use a shackle. They cost more money but I consider them worth it. It's better to use a shackle (if it doesn't get in the way, and they really don't on xj's) because a spring with less of a curve will have a lighter spring rate and give better flex and a better ride. The longer shackle will also give the spring more room to flatten out when it's compressed. I really don't see any down sides to using a shacke on an xj.