XJ long arm rebuild ?'s

reddevil

'93 Cherokee
First off, if this has been gone over alot before please just post the links. I searched and I guess I'm just not good at it.

My long arms seem to be the short coming of my jeep, and after having three of the arms break loose I am looking for a bomb proof solution.

I have a '93 XJ w/8-8 1/2" lift and 35" tires.

I am looking at the TNT custom y-link kit, because it looks strong, adds support to the unibody, and because my upper control arm mounts are torn half way off already. It is much $$$ and I am wondering if it is worth it, or if there is a better way. Any thoughts good or bad would help. Also if someone has the TNT kit installed and I could come look at it that would be great.

Thanks, Rod

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
First off, if this has been gone over alot before please just post the links. I searched and I guess I'm just not good at it.

My long arms seem to be the short coming of my jeep, and after having three of the arms break loose I am looking for a bomb proof solution.

I have a '93 XJ w/8-8 1/2" lift and 35" tires.

I am looking at the TNT custom y-link kit, because it looks strong, adds support to the unibody, and because my upper control arm mounts are torn half way off already. It is much $$$ and I am wondering if it is worth it, or if there is a better way. Any thoughts good or bad would help. Also if someone has the TNT kit installed and I could come look at it that would be great.

Thanks, Rod

It'd help to know what links are breaking and where.

reddevil

'93 Cherokee
The links have all come apart at the hiem joint, because they were only theaded in 1/4" at the most. So I feel that I could make longer control arm so I could thread the joints in most of the way. The other problem is that the mounting brackets on the unibody for the upper control arms are tearing away from the frame (one worse than the other.)

I have had both lower control arms come off, and the pass. side upper.
The break happened as I came down off a large ledge with the front tires.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
The links have all come apart at the hiem joint, because they were only theaded in 1/4" at the most. So I feel that I could make longer control arm so I could thread the joints in most of the way. The other problem is that the mounting brackets on the unibody for the upper control arms are tearing away from the frame (one worse than the other.)

I have had both lower control arms come off, and the pass. side upper.
The break happened as I came down off a large ledge with the front tires.

I had the same thing happen on the uppers.

Sounds like you just need longer tube. Hit your favorite shop up for those and explore the options on your suspension.

ROCKRUNNER

We could build you some new Lower links and support the upper mounts if needed. You can give me a call and give me measurements or just bring the arms up and we will build the new ones. If you have any questions just call!