xj rock rails

dash

so after going to mineral basin with Turbominivan. i came to the conclusion that i need rock rails. I am looking for 2 things in the rails

1. dang tough. Demsey could tell ya i kinda find crazy ways down trails and we were not able to get a photo but i have a tendency to get the wheels in the air and a tough rail is a necessity.

2. keep it local. i am looking for a local place to get the rail. i thought to build them myself but dont have the resources to do it. Also i dont like giving all my dough to some place on the other side of the country.

any help or ideas would be appreciated. i want them soon because af canyon is calling my name and I want to go back. :D

Bart

Yes, same ones. I competed in that rig for 4 years, hitting every ARCA/RCAA and UROC event, and they held up well.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
The other side of the coin is rocker replacements. They're popular for a reason, great clearance and strength. If you're looking to buy it's obviously not a bolt-on mod but it's something that a couple guys can get done in a day or two with a welder and grinder. I loved mine but then I graduated to boatsides

Edit: They're also cheap. I spent a ways under $100 on materials when I did mine.

dash

I still drive it on the road but thanks for the information. Knowledge is power. Thanks xjnate.

N-Smooth

Yeah, I was in no way suggesting you do boatsides. They're not for everyone! Rocker replacements are sweet though and I will always suggest them.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ

XJEEPER

The other side of the coin is rocker replacements. They're popular for a reason, great clearance and strength. If you're looking to buy it's obviously not a bolt-on mod but it's something that a couple guys can get done in a day or two with a welder and grinder. I loved mine but then I graduated to boatsides

Edit: They're also cheap. I spent a ways under $100 on materials when I did mine.

.......when you consider your labor at $0 cost value. I've seen some sketchy rocker replacement done by those who lacked the skillset/tools to do it right. (not implying anything about you or your rig)

To dash....do you want bolt-on or fab to fit?

Last edited:

N-Smooth

.......when you consider your labor at $0 cost value. I've seen some sketchy rocker replacement done by those who lacked the skillset/tools to do it right. (not implying anything about you or your rig)

To Turbo....do you want bolt-on or fab to fit?

I enjoy fabrication projects so I don't care about my labor value. Even if I did I can't imagine spending $300-400 on a set of sliders. To each his own

dash

Well last night I was able to find a set and found out that they were never put in and he went for a different style. so I got the set for around 150 bucks. Sweet now I just have to do the install and I am good. Thanks for the help everybody.