XJ steering box spacer or reinforcment frame plate

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I was mounting up some bumper plates last night and my steering box spacer was broke. I'm looking for another one or a inner frame plate replacment. Its for a 98 cherokee. Thanks

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
If those dimensions are pretty accurate, then yes it'll save time. The only thing I'd change is adding to the length, so the plate will catch the large hole behind the steering box bolts as well.

Who has an XJ to test-fit a template if I cut one out?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
You may have to trim the front 1/2" off of that plate, I think I added that so I could weld a 2x4 tube on there for the bumper. All of the holes seemed to be just right and required no work to fit. It was actually one of the smoother projects I have done.
attachment.php

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
I also have a PDF somewhere on my computer with all these dementions that worked perfect as well

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Here's what I have so far.

DOSS, if you can find that .pdf I'd love to compare it to the dimensions I just drew--not that I don't trust the Hickster, I'm just curious. :hickey:

attachment.php

Attachments

• HickeyPlate.png
    HickeyPlate.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 92

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Well, I wish I had carls skills but I fabbed up my own using a template off my unibody frame sleeves and I added the bolt behind the steering box bolts also. Took me about an hour on thursday using some 5/8 nuts and some 3/16 plate. Dealer wanted 520.00 my cost for a new one lol

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
here ya go :)

I used this to make my bumper mounts on my old XJ and know of at least 2 other people who have used these dimensions :)

Attachments

• XJ front bumper mount.pdf
    15.9 KB · Views: 53

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I need a set, found last night that my frame is busted and need a set that would go further back on the frame......any ideas

How much further back would you like to go?

IMG_2546.jpg

The pictured one would require something different with your track bar mount, but I can make it as long or short you want it to be.

gorillaxj

Always building hardly wheeling

The pictured one would require something different with your track bar mount, but I can make it as long or short you want it to be.

This one actually should work with the stock bracket, as it doesn't cover the mounting holes, would just space the bracket out 3/16'ths, I believe the stock/after market brackets have enough movement to allow fo this, Or 3-5 mins with a carbide bit would give you the 3/16ths you need :)

I would also put sleeves threw the rail, and add an inner plate in it as well and plate the bottom to limit further twisting... but thats just my thoughts :)

Smittyauto

IMG_2546.jpg

This is exactly what I am looking for!!!!! how much would it cost for the piece pictured above as well as an inner plate( assuming you can cut me one) and a strap for the bottom( or even just several pieces that I can just weld in as far as the track bar bracket). I would like to get this welded up as soon as possible.