xj t case upgrade??

pELYgroso

'Merica
i need a sweet t case for my xj. any suggestions?? i have the stock one in there right now which works great but i want to crawl slower in those rocks. its an 88.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Atlas makes a great replacement t-case. ;)

Search the forum for Dana 300 t-case, tera-low, atlas, NP231 (or NP242) upgrades, etc... :)

pELYgroso

'Merica
which is the best?? will all those bolt right on to my xj?? how much $$ does a better t case usually run?? are all those geared lower??

jeep_turd

locked to rock
I installed the Terra-low 4:1 in my 90 yj and it reduced my crawl speed by about 1/2. Previously while crawling over big obsticales I would have to ride the clutch to get the speed I wanted, now I just idle over things and usually don't have to use much throttle. I got mine from a friend used for $1000 with the short shaft included. This is about half the cost of the atlas.

I'm pretty sure you can pick up an atlas for 1600-1800. Much better for the money compared to a Tera-Lo, IMO.. Or you can spend 2800 on a Stak 3-speed T-case!!! Very Cool!! You will definately be the cool kid on the block with that! GET IT!!! :greg: