XJ Tube Fenders / Fender Flares

outlaw_offroad

XJ Pride!!!
I am trying to get my XJ to meet the registration requirements of Utah. I have been wheelin' this Jeep for 10+ years and have never lived in a state where this is required. I am being told that I need fender flares because my front tires extend 5-6 inches past the body (thanks to liberal sawzall use and the tight trails of SD and WY). I have thought of using Wrangler flares on the front and XJ flares on the rear, but don't know what year Wrangler flares to use. I would really like to use tube fenders instead. This would give me the flare I need and the protection/slide point I want. Does anyone make these?

This is a trail truck. i trailer it to and from the trailheads. The only street time it sees is driving back to the trailer and to the next trailhead. I may occaisonally take the family out in it for some light trail riding.

Any suggestions?

Seven

TJ Flares is what some of the cherokee people do after a little massage with the sawzall. I have a full set that I could sell you. I am down in south ogden. They are cheap and easy.

I am trying to get my XJ to meet the registration requirements of Utah. I have been wheelin' this Jeep for 10+ years and have never lived in a state where this is required. I am being told that I need fender flares because my front tires extend 5-6 inches past the body (thanks to liberal sawzall use and the tight trails of SD and WY). I have thought of using Wrangler flares on the front and XJ flares on the rear, but don't know what year Wrangler flares to use. I would really like to use tube fenders instead. This would give me the flare I need and the protection/slide point I want. Does anyone make these?

This is a trail truck. i trailer it to and from the trailheads. The only street time it sees is driving back to the trailer and to the next trailhead. I may occaisonally take the family out in it for some light trail riding.

Any suggestions?

if your looking for cheap easy and leagel the TJ flares is the way to go, tube fenders are pretty sweet but alot of time and a little more money.

outlaw_offroad

XJ Pride!!!
if your looking for cheap easy and leagel the TJ flares is the way to go, tube fenders are pretty sweet but alot of time and a little more money.

I'd be willing to spend a little extra money if I could get what I wanted. I have basic fab tools like a chop saw, torch, welders, grinders, etc. but no tube bender or sheetmetal brake. I was hoping to find a kit or a prefabbed fender since I don't have all the equipment I need to build them from scratch.

AimlessB

tube fenders!!!

I had Jamie from Off the back fab build the ones for my tj, Im sure he could build you something sick. his shop is in ogden. here is a link to his facebook page with some photos of his work.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ogden-UT/Off-The-Back-Fabrication/164395726833

20136_1306200610786_1103666505_2448029_2911441_n.jpg