XJ vs ZJ suspension question

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
I have a 1990 XJ and have the oportunity to get my hands on a 6" lift and axles (w/lockers & hardened axles) out of a 1995 ZJ for a very good price. my question is how hard would it be to fab this suspension into my XJ... It would be nice to have coils all around, and I dont mind making the mounts for the rear. But would I have to make new chassis mounts for the front as well? Has anyone here ever done this before... what all do I need to be concerned about with the change over?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
The front is the same, the rear would be custom fab work. It would be easier to take the brackets off of the rear axle and put on the mounts for leafs than it would be to fabricate a 4 link that would work with the existing bracketry on the ZJ axle.

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
The front is the same, the rear would be custom fab work. It would be easier to take the brackets off of the rear axle and put on the mounts for leafs than it would be to fabricate a 4 link that would work with the existing bracketry on the ZJ axle.

Well, its good to know the front is the same, I could easily get rear leafs made to match the front, that would be easier...

Thanks, that gives me something to think about