XM/Sirius

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
I didn't even notice it. I just always go to channel 48 or 150.
What the Hell 48 Squizz changed to Octane. I hope they don't change the music, I loved that station.

I think Hair Nation will be my new favorite. I love BUTT ROCK

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Yeah it looks like many of the music channels on XM are changing over to the Sirius versions of the same channels. The Sirius music channels are overall better, IMHO. I've always wished XM Boneyard was more like Sirius Hair Nation. Now it is Sirius Hair Nation! I'm really excited to see the addition of NBA play-by-play and NPR too. Hopefully I can catch Car Talk on XM now! I like the changes!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Sirius programming has always been better than XM IMO, and the XM equipment and reception has always been much better than Sirius.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Sirius programming has always been better than XM IMO, and the XM equipment and reception has always been much better than Sirius.

didn't they recently merge or something? Is that why there are new channels?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
didn't they recently merge or something? Is that why there are new channels?

Yup. The merge has been in the works for a year or more now. Not really a merge, Sirius basically swallowed XM and pooped out Sirius/XM that we have now.

...and I like it. :)

DAA

I'm just ticked off about it... I've been able to get all the Jazz games wherever I'm at on Sirius for a couple of years. Cool. I like it. Willing to pay $125 a year for it. Now all the sudden, the Jazz games are gone from my Sirius. To get them back, I have to add "The best of XM", for another $4 a month. Pissed me off, but, what the heck, I guess I'll pay the thieving bastages... So I call to let them rip me off for another $4 a month. But... Turns out the factory head unit in my '06 Wrangler isn't compatible with "The best of XM". So, I can't get the NBA even though I'm willing to bend over and let them rape me for it. All of which would tick me off anyway. But it's all the worse because I paid up for a full year of Sirius (..."get ALL NBA games for a year!..."). The music is fine, way better than FM, but not NEAR as good as my iPod. I signed up for the sports. And Sirius took the sports away AFTER I paid them for it. Rip off bastages...

Sirius can suck my sack...

- DAA

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Wow, that does suck. XM has a "best of Sirius" package too, but it's mostly just Howard Stern who I could give a flying **** about.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
thats a bummer. I have some DSR equipment laying around that I just never got around to unloading. It's probably not worth much anymore.

ryslc

car audio guy
DEI makes all of the Sirius hardware sold. they announced that after Jan 09 they will no longer be manufacturing, selling, or servicing Sirius products. i also got a forwarded memo from my XM supplier that they will be offering a lot of Sirius programming for free. it ended with more to come....
i will update as i am informed