Yellow stone blowing up

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Every projection I've seen for blast size and ash fallout has been different, because they all make assumptions about how big the eruption will be. One guy found ash from Yellowstone in Minnesota or Michigan and makes his theory based on that, another thinks he's got ash layers in Newfoundland and has a different theory because of it.

There's no doubt it'll be big when it happens. Most of the Snake River plain is leftover craters from previous eruptions.

HotspotsSRP.JPG

Coco

Ive seen a few documentarys on this. Wonder if it would help trigger our BIG-ONE ???

I have heard it will. A blast of that magnitude would ultimately cause our Big One for sure. Or vise versa. I am sure one or the other would help trigger the other.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I was having a conversation the other day about the best way to get rid of a dead body, I think a pool of molten magma would do the trick nicely!

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
When I picked up my Uhaul trailer in Missoula, the guy asked me why I was moving to FL; I told him because Yellowstone is about to explode.

Kooler than Mudd.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Well if its just minutes, nothing I can do but... if we have an hour or 2 Im heading south. Rather die running than just stand there and take it .

Last edited:

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
In the late 14th century the was an increase in volcanic activity. This activity began what they call "the little ice age". The (LIA) lasted for about 300-400 years. This was caused by some increased volcanic activity. I have seen the reports about finding ash as far as Newfoundland. But remember the prevailing winds blow that direction. Because t b looking at the satellite view of past eruptions. There is little doubt that it will happen again. The past eruptions made mountainous terrain flat, as you can see from the eruption scar. The time line for the eruptions show that we are way overdue for one. It not a matter of if, but when.
With all that in mind the best plan is to sharpen your sticks and get your sacrificial women together. Moreover; with the way things are with the political situation lately. A super volcano is the least of our worries.