Yet another Rattlesnake/Constrictor TR, carnage inside

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
Nobody left without some damage this weekend. Broken birfields, broken drive shafts, ripped apart tires, spilled ice cubes, torn up wiring, etc. But there is some redemption in here, Jinxspot found his missing mudflap, plus some. If you are shopping for some mudflaps, this is a good trail to run. :rofl:
I arrived late on Saturday, because I had to repair the damage from the previous weekend still. I have been working late, and Six States closes a bit too early for me. I trashed a stub shaft driving with a missing bearing cap, but I suspected this might be the result. Entirely my fault there, no doubt.
Once I found the right parking area I met up with Jinxspot and ahhh... I forgot Bob's username. We made an early, short trip up Rattlesnake before coming back to meet up with two others whose usernames I have also forgotten. :confused:
Once all together, we made some dust fly as we motored up to certain death for Jeep parts, Constrictor.
snake1.JPG

jeepmine.JPG

On the way, we stopped at the "Jeep Mine" to have a peek at the Willys at the bottom. The air shaft is slowly filling in, no doubt helped along by people dropping rocks on the Jeep. In case you are unfamiliar with the legend, here is a video of a few folks rappelling down to the Jeep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjy6ulseEQ8&feature=player_embedded

And a link to the explanation: http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?t=21277

Nobody drove into any mine or air shafts this weekend that we know of.

Even still, carnage was quick, as Bob ran over something wicked sharp that tore a hole large enough to stick your arm in the hole. Lessons learned: if in doubt, scout it out. Always good to have a look at what you are driving on. We took a few minutes to help change out a tire, took care of a few other items that needed attention, and we were off again.

Onward!
yellowjeep1.JPG

cj1.JPG

Some of these might be out of order, I mess up sometimes.

lockedup.JPG

Oh, heck with it, here is a bunch of pictures, no particular order, less explanation. I am tired. :greg:
mudflap.JPG

Jinxspot recovers his lost mudflap
cj2.JPG

line.JPG

mirror.JPG

toy2.JPG

waterfall1.JPG

waterfall2.JPG

Everyone took the line up the waterfall, despite some tenacious efforts.
toy1.JPG

Wayne's world, I didn't make it up, it was just too slick for my little 33" tires, but everyone else walked up it. Well, maybe "walked" is the wrong word. More like flailed. Sometime I may also flail up it, we shall see.
winchrepair.JPG

We used a Jeep dashboard screw to repair this Warn. Later, I discovered that it was the sole screw holding my fuse panel in, but I guess the glove box can do that job now. Ha ha! A tree limb ripped apart the speed sensor wiring to my transfer case on Saturday, but I didn't really notice until Sunday. It took a bit of troubleshooting to discover why the Jeep wouldn't run any longer, reported there was no fuel, and that the chipped key was not recognized. Shorting wires do funny things. :eek:
woodbin.JPG

At the end of the day, we loaded up some wood onto my Jeep, as penance and used it as the wood bin.

There should be some more photos from others, I saw some cameras come out on occasion. :D

RockChucker

i love your reports. so detailed. shoot you even had a link to the jeep mineshaft. i'm impressed. looks like you all had a good time.

Venture13

Screen shots.. LOL You mean print screen... Looks like fun, wish I was there. DentedVW does a great job writing up Trail reports, I think others are not use to all the details and understandable grammar.. har har.. I Had to go investigate the Dream Mine and Little Moab the next day.

anzenketh

With this much carnage It may have been a good thing I did not find the right parking lot. :rofl: Was most of the carnage before or after Wayne's World.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Screen shots, yes. They're what you get when you use "print screen".

Anzenketh, don't sweat it. You can run that trail in a stock Suburban and not get any damage.

Venture13

"ALT" and the "Print Screen" button at the same time works great for those using over 2 monitors, gives you a screen shot of only that one screen in full zoom. Do it everyday with Meteorological images and data.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
hey now, don't be too quick to judge... (no mine timber of anysort were injured)

hahaha, its called KSL type the words "free firewood"

FYI,
We brought our own tinder and helped out with some community cleanup in doing so. When making camp the wood was transported from a trailer to our campsite location via a jeep hood, thats all.

We all were very concious of what we were doing on our voyage! We stayed on the trail at all times, packed in our own fire wood, cleaned up after ourselves when camping, picked up and removed misc trash others left out there and made sure to help everyone out of a jam when parts broke.

We had a good time and did our part.
"just sayin"

:greg:

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Yep had a lot of fun, nice to meet new people. Yep we had a little carnage. After winching over eagles nest the first set of rocks i broke my tre. Bob ran up to get Jesse and give him my parts. Jesse blew out his front driveline om the way out past Eagles Nest. This all happened about 10:30. He ran back to my house and welded up my tierod. By the time he got back and we got it togetber and made it home it was 3am sunday. All in all it was a great time.
Dwayne

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
hey now, don't be too quick to judge... (no mine timber of anysort were injured)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hahaha, its called KSL type the words "free firewood"

FYI,
We brought our own tinder and helped out with some community cleanup in doing so. When making camp the wood was transported from a trailer to our campsite location via a jeep hood, thats all.

We all were very concious of what we were doing on our voyage! We stayed on the trail at all times, packed in our own fire wood, cleaned up after ourselves when camping, picked up and removed misc trash others left out there and made sure to help everyone out of a jam when parts broke.

We had a good time and did our part.
"just sayin"

I'll wait for an explanation. ;)

No judgment. I waited for the explanation, which was given. :D

Thanks for taking the time to type it up, actually-- it's nice to see how it's done when responsible wheelers go out and have a good time.

Dwayne, you are a rolling menace. I haven't been on a trip w/you where something hasn't broken... could be your tiny Toyota parts though... ;) heh

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Tacoma, you have to get it out on the trail to break it. If you didnt, you wouldn't break Mall Crawlin!! :). Its just what i do, i guess. We went out last night and was out til about 2 with a broken rear axle. Not mine but we stayed and help fix it and all came out together. That what i do......

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
Is that old mine timbers across your hood?

I wouldn't think so, they seemed like smaller barn timbers, but I have never seen mine timbers, so I can't be sure.

We used the jeep to move them from the truck, as it was attached to the trailer and I was headed that way in any case.

dentedvw

uıɐƃɐ ʇɐɥʇ op ʇ,uoʍ ı
Plus, as was stated, I can't vouch for their provenance. Craigslist or ksl free wood doesn't usually include originating paper work. I can recognize table and desk legs, but these are best guess.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
I have not been up either one of those trails since we first ran them many years ago. Seeing pics bring back alot of good times from out there, crazy how things change. The waterfall on Constrictor now looks like a much smaller than the original, although Wayne world still looks the same for the most part.

EDIT:

Anyone remember this? :rofl:

Attachments

• Constrictor.jpg
    Constrictor.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 60

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I have not been up either one of those trails since we first ran them many years ago. Seeing pics bring back alot of good times from out there, crazy how things change. The waterfall on Constrictor now looks like a much smaller than the original, although Wayne world still looks the same for the most part.

EDIT:

Anyone remember this? :rofl:

Bahahaha... Nice, good old days!!!