yj 231 transfer case vaccum line?

bryan93yj

Hello I have a 93 jeep wrangler with the factory 231 transfer case still in it. I have upgraded to dana 60 axles and was wondering what to do with the vaccum hoses? Do you need to just tuck them up somewhere out of the way? and if so do you need to plug them up so dirt and dust do not suck into the transfercase? Or should you just pull the vaccum sensor out of the tcase and plug it. It looks like ordinary pipe thread the last time i checked. If you have any ideas let me know. Right now the lines are just zipped tide out of the way and everything seams to be working just:confused:.

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
Using the 60's you no longer need the lines, I would completely remove them from the engine to the tcase etc.
The pipe plug should work fine, you could leave the sender in the 'case and put vacuum plugs on the sender. The plug would be cleaner.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Using the 60's you no longer need the lines, I would completely remove them from the engine to the tcase etc.
The pipe plug should work fine, you could leave the sender in the 'case and put vacuum plugs on the sender. The plug would be cleaner.

My thoughts as well...