YJ Dana 30 Vacumn Lines

Cory

I changed out my NP 231 for another 231. The only problem I'm having now is that I'm only getting 3-wheel drive. I don't think the vacumn lines are working to engage the passenger side axle.

If vacumn lines are disconnected do they need to be "primed" in some way? Or does anyone have any ideas on things to check? The 4 -wheel drive worked fine before I took off the transfer case.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Your missing the lines... Retrace your step and make sure they are plugged in around the TCase.

The disco won't engage unless it's told to by your TCase being in 4wd. So simply retrace your steps, find the vacuum lines and make sure they are all plugged in.

Cory

Your missing the lines... Retrace your step and make sure they are plugged in around the TCase.

The disco won't engage unless it's told to by your TCase being in 4wd. So simply retrace your steps, find the vacuum lines and make sure they are all plugged in.

I'm sure it's a vacuum line. But the only lines I disconnected are from the 4 tube harness on the transfer case and it is reconnected. That is why I was wondering if there was a need to prime or bleed the lines (don't know what to call it, but a need to get air out). I guess I'll play around with them a little more.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Does the 4wd indicator light up on the dash?

I can't remember off the top of my head which line goes where on that switch; but you have a vacuum, engage, disengage and vent.
I think red is vacuum
I think yellow is connect
I think Green is disconnect
I think blue is vent

Down on the axle I believe it's the fitting closest to the diff that is the engage and closest to the tire for disengage. There may be a third line and that tells the light on the dash to illuminate when the axle is actually connected. Some have an electrical switch there instead.

Does that help?