YJ Front Shackle Hangers

Cory

I broke a front shackle hanger on the U4WDA Providence canyon run this weekend. So I'm probably going to replace both of the front ones with something a little more heavy duty. The only heavy duty ones I've seen are from M.O.R.E. Does anyone have experience with these? Are they that much stronger/better than stock. Does anyone else sell heavy duty hangers?

Thanks.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Cory,

Aren't YJ shackle hangers welded on? I think the MORE shackle hangers are for CJ's that bolt on, aren't they? As for a repair I'd say just weld it back on and add some material to beef it up a little. Yours isn't the first one like that I've seen BTW.

This may be a good time to consider doinga shackle reversal :)

EZ

Cory

Mine are welded on, but MORE does have some heavy duty ones for a YJ replacement. You have to grind off the old ones and weld the new ones on. So I'm just wondering if any other companies have a good heavy-duty hanger.

The way mine broke, I think it would take a lot of repair and reinforcement to make it even as strong as original stock.

Cory

EZRhino said:
I looked on MORE's site and didn't see any, but that sounds like the way to go if they are reasonably priced.

EZ

They took me a while to find on MORE's site. I'd post a link but the way MORE's site is set up with frames, a link will only take you to their main page. The part is SR103. If you are interested it is listed under their category, "Axle Mounting Hardware & Brake lines" about 2/3 way down the page. $95 a pair probably isn't unreasonable, if they are that much better than stock

MORE site: http://www.mountainoffroad.com/

Speaking of MORE does anyone have any coupon codes for them?