YJ LIft help

jeeping101

hello all. my question is which lift is the best all around. i have narrowed it down to pro-comp, rubicon express, rough country and bds - like the RE 4.5 Xtreme(just don't like the price) rough country ?? not sure about -bds (like the unlimited warrenty(but that doesn't help when i'm broke on the trail) any comments or suggestions would b welcomed

Caleb

pro-comp is probably the worse lift you can get, cheapest though...Rough Country is right there behind Pro-Comp. The BDS, from what I remember, is an ok lift but the RE is by far the best of those listed. Sometimes the cost is actually worth it.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
It has been along time since I have ran lifted springs, but when I did, I really liked my Skyjacker Softride.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Shawn said:
It has been along time since I have ran lifted springs, but when I did, I really liked my Skyjacker Softride.

Me too. I had a set on my old Toyota and I should have stuck with them.

BioNuke1

Jeepsus Chrystler
I picked up some basically new Tuff Country EZ Ride 3.5" springs on here for under $200, they flex better and ride smoother than the Old Man Emo springs I was running before. I am very happy with them, I just wish they were 4" or 4.5"

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I've got 3.5" BDS and I couldn't be happier, very nice springs. And the warrenty kicks @ss, I've used them once when the rear springs sagged. They, in turn, sent me six-leaf packs for the rear to compensate for the weight of my spare tire and hard top. No sagging since! Also, BDS has the military wrap so that if you manage to break the main leaf, the second wrap will get you back to the garage so you can capitalize on the warranty. The only drawback to getting lift springs that tall is that you need longer shackles to allow the springs to flex. And, we all know long shackles are not only ugly but are rock magnets. If you're interested, my BDS springs, shackles, and shocks will be up for sale shortly. PM me if you're interested.

Bone Down

in no particular order, but the top three in the market are:

Old Man Emu (OME)
Rubicon Express (RE)
Black Diamond Suspension (BDS)

do a search for recommended lifts in the YJ section of jeepforum.com, you will have plenty of reading ahead of you.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Bone Down said:
in no particular order, but the top three in the market are:

Old Man Emu (OME)
Rubicon Express (RE)
Black Diamond Suspension (BDS)

do a search for recommended lifts in the YJ section of jeepforum.com, you will have plenty of reading ahead of you.

From my understanding Black Diamond http://www.blackdiamondoffroad.com is one company, and BDS http://www.bds-suspension.com is completely separate. From memory Black Diamond is a spin off from Warn or visa-versa. And BDS has nothing to do with them. BDS is strange because they have one dealer in the Ogden area, but they have a very good reputation, and are very popular in other regions of the country. For me it was a choice between Rubicon Express and BDS because of quality, value and reputation.

Caleb

rusted said:
From my understanding Black Diamond http://www.blackdiamondoffroad.com is one company, and BDS http://www.bds-suspension.com is completely separate. From memory Black Diamond is a spin off from Warn or visa-versa. And BDS has nothing to do with them. BDS is strange because they have one dealer in the Ogden area, but they have a very good reputation, and are very popular in other regions of the country. For me it was a choice between Rubicon Express and BDS because of quality, value and reputation.
I think you are correct, it's been a while but I think BDS stands for Big Dick Suspension or something like that :D

neagtea

Supporting Member
BDS has a new set of springs that are 4.5 or 5 inch I can't remember which. They are quality and ride and flex good. Give Garth at Centerville Big-O a call as he is the local dealer