yj lift

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
spring over will "FIT" 35's......but you will need a slip yoke elim kit with a new rear shaft and maybe a body lift.....and some trimming......basically there is no single kit that will do this for you this side of the coil converison kit....BTW what do you need 35s on stock axles for ?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by LiltraxUtah
35 on stock axles gonna make you break alot of shafts :)

Yes and No, It can easily be said that the stock D30 and D35 are not the strongest axles.... But you can get away with running 35's. Alot of guys run the D30/D35 combo with 35's., lockers will definatly cause more breakage. It really comes down to the use of the rig, DD/weekend wheeler or pretty hardcore stuff?

I have a couple of customers that run the D30/D35 combo and havn't had any problems with 35's. Both of these are DD's but they do wheel them, they just don't rally the axles too badly...:D

What it comes down to is $$$, if you can afford axles do it, but at the same time, if going to 35's, you'll want to regear... and in my opinion, no regear with out throwing a locker in at the same time... its all $$$...:p :D

87jeep

rockhopper
i have arb's front and rear right now and i havent had any problems with my 31 inch tires. do u know were i can pick up some stronger axels for cheap

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by 87jeep
... do u know were i can pick up some stronger axels for cheap

Cheap and stronger don't really go together when talking about D30/D35 replacments..The rear is a little easier but the front will cost some $$$. You have a few decent options for the rear, D44 or the Ford 8.8, not to mention 14B or D60... Your best bet is to talk to other Jeep owners and see what they liked. There are quite a few guys on RME that have done axle upgrades on YJ''s and XJ's.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
check the new edition of Four Wheel & off road. Looks like ARB is coming out with a new D30 locker that upgrades the axles to 30 spline, thicker axle shafts.

Perhaps not new to everyone but I haven't seen it posted here yet.

2BIGTJ

RUKKASTIXX Motorsports
I would suggest the superior kits they make it quite a bit stronger and they are not to over pricedthey say it will hold up to 36" tire call Andy at six states in SLC

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by 2BIGTJ
I would suggest the superior kits they make it quite a bit stronger and they are not to over pricedthey say it will hold up to 36" tire call Andy at six states in SLC

I've been running the super 35 kit with a detroit and 33s (4.10s) since I began wheeling my rig. No complaints here.

That D30 upgrade I mentioned is actually going to use the ARB, but it will be a similar deal as the super 35 kit. You buy the kit with the lockers and the axle shafts come with it. Looks interesting.

Caleb

well I ran the monoleaf for a while and I was able to fit 35s with zero rubbing at full stuff with TJ flares...The flares helped a ton...I never had any problems with the monoleafs even though at that time I wheeled a TON...but it was and still is pricey at over 1K just for the kit then you have all the upgrades you will need to do to go along with a lift that high...

Caleb

Originally posted by 87jeep
how much does the super 35 cost

not to be rude but too much...about $900-$1100 depending on the carrier you chose...you could swap front and rear axles for that cost...

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by supergper

not to be rude but too much...about $900-$1100 depending on the carrier you chose...you could swap front and rear axles for that cost...

Swapping front and rear axles for 1100......I am in full support of upgrading your axles, but I'm not convinced that you can get everything you need for both axles for the cost of the super 35 kit.

I kind of like it anyway. I'm out there doing all the trails that the guys with the 60s are doing and I have had no problems with my super 35. Will it break someday....probably, but until then, I'm going to wheel it like I stole it!!!!

Caleb

Originally posted by BlackSheep

Swapping front and rear axles for 1100......I am in full support of upgrading your axles, but I'm not convinced that you can get everything you need for both axles for the cost of the super 35 kit.

I kind of like it anyway. I'm out there doing all the trails that the guys with the 60s are doing and I have had no problems with my super 35. Will it break someday....probably, but until then, I'm going to wheel it like I stole it!!!!

Well, I could have less than that into my RC60 & 14 bolt...I paid $800 for the RC60 complete...then I paid $100 for the 14 bolt comlete...both have 4.10 gears(which are common gears in fullsize axles) that leaves me with $200 for spring perches and and any other misc stuff...however I had zero time and I had to get my axles in so I had Rocklogic go through my front axle for me so I spent some extra there...but you get the point...I dont have lockers yet but I am going to weld the rear for now but a detroit is only $300 for the 14 bolt...gears should be ideal with my auto and doubler setup I will be running...now if I can do it for under $1100 for a damn near bullet proof setup I know it is possible to do it with 44s...front $200-$300-rear $free-$200...leaves you atleast $600 for misc stuff...and you loose the 1/16th" tubes of the D35:D:D:D