You just can't fix "stupid"......rant

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
How many times has this been read about in our news just this year?

TOOELE COUNTY -- A man was seriously injured when the dump truck he was driving collided with a train in southern Tooele County.

According to the Utah Department of Public Safety, it happened on State Route 36 near Faust Road, which is about 20 miles south of Tooele.

Tooele County Sheriff Frank Park told KSL the driver was ejected from his truck, which was carrying water. A medical helicopter has been dispatched to the scene.

Park said he doesn't know why the driver didn't see the approaching train, since the area is flat and open.

Union Pacific has shut down rail traffic in the area.

This is a very PERSONAL pet peeve of mine. Stupid people and trains don't mix.

Dumbass is lucky to be alive!!! :mad2:

/rant off

Last edited:
M

muddyjeep

I hope they take away his drivers license for good! That truck driver should not even be allowed to ride a scooter!

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Locomotive about to hit a tanker full of..........? :eek:

I got a dollar that says the crew bailed off the engine. (or at least ran back to the second unit)

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
*link* *link* *link*

I'm sure most has seen the articles of the recent train deaths in Spanish Fork Canyon.

No disrespect to the families, but....come on.
KSL.com said:
Before three teenage girls were struck by a train in Spanish Fork Canyon Saturday night, one of them apparently posted a Facebook message expressing her thrill at standing next to a speeding train. If the message is authentic and not a hoax, it exemplifies the lure and the danger of the tracks.

Like the quote says, if it's true, I stand by the premise of this thread. What a waste! :sick:

Side note; people have put up a memorial near the scene of this incident. I personally hope the UP doesn't allow it to stay. That's all I need is to come around the corner on main #2 at 50 mph and encounter a group of people/kids standing out to foul of the tracks and yet again have more people dead.

Again /rant off

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
I had a friend in HS that was killed by a train. He was walking home along the tracks with his walkman turned up. As he walked past an idling train, he never heard the one coming from behind him. It was a pretty big deal especially when the local paper tried to make a suicide story out of the fact he was listening to Ozzy Osbourne. Teen suicide was all the rage in the late 80's... especially in NJ.

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
I had a friend in HS that was killed by a train. He was walking home along the tracks with his walkman turned up. As he walked past an idling train, he never heard the one coming from behind him. It was a pretty big deal especially when the local paper tried to make a suicide story out of the fact he was listening to Ozzy Osbourne. Teen suicide was all the rage in the late 80's... especially in NJ.
We had a lady who worked at the hotel we stay at in Grand Junction. Her brother (who was an adult - 40's) liked to play chicken with the trains all the time. Made it lots of times. Got hit once, survived and recovered. Got hit another time and was killed.

:-\

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
The problem with that is the problem with so much of society: people operate like they're the only people on Earth. That dude played chicken with a train... a big noisy object and not the Engineer who could be hurt, killed or emotionally scarred.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
We go out into the field to watch the trains go by. We do not get closer than about 15'. Trains do not stop. They are not made of soft, plushy material.

It's very easy NOT to get hit by a train. They can't really chase you.