you will be proud of me guys

Caleb

xj_punk said:
10% to be exact, i used the gps on it.
but still, i thought i would be getting better mileage than that

that is still extremely low on a cummins...even in my Powerstroke I have never gotten lower than mid 14s while towing. Herzog's Cummins, I believe, was doing the same thing and he did something and it fixed it...let me find where he posted about it...

grinch

inner city redneck
Heck on my 99 dodge cummins I get 14 towing and 15-16 around town. thats a bone stock set up thoagh... Im affraid of my auto and chipping it.... dont want to hear the boom boom sound before its paid off.....

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
okay i reset the APPS thing, but i only drove it around the block so i don't know if it improved it or not yet.

i cleaned out the air filter (stupid k&n) and drained the fuel filter too.
my "chip" is some brand i have never heard of van aken fuel pump adjuster or something. the previous owner just told me it had a 75hp chip and bigger injectors.

my tail-lights are in the for sale section by the way. they are nice looking lights, just not my style at all.

i also tore out the bass box and amp too. probably put them on ebay or something.

Caleb

xj_punk said:
okay i reset the APPS thing, but i only drove it around the block so i don't know if it improved it or not yet.

i cleaned out the air filter (stupid k&n) and drained the fuel filter too.
my "chip" is some brand i have never heard of van aken fuel pump adjuster or something. the previous owner just told me it had a 75hp chip and bigger injectors.

my tail-lights are in the for sale section by the way. they are nice looking lights, just not my style at all.

i also tore out the bass box and amp too. probably put them on ebay or something.

I may be wrong but I believe that you drain the water seperator, I dont think its the fuel filter too...

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Supergper said:
I may be wrong but I believe that you drain the water seperator, I dont think its the fuel filter too...

sorry smartass... :rolleyes:
hehe i am new at this whole diesel thing okay!!!
so be nice
:D

i better start getting some kickass mileage, after everyone on here told me how great of mileage diesels get...jk i love my truck