Your Pic of The Day

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
This series of pictures represent a monumental accomplishment for me.

My last attempt 6 years and a few months ago:

At the start.
20201014_115927.jpg

All on dirt at the 1/2 track.
20201014_132424.jpg

At the top of Cottonwood Canyon, the end of the motorized trail.
20201015_140658.jpg

All 3 vehicles back at the 1/2 track, arriving under their own power.
20201016_181700.jpg

Mine back at pavement having completed 92 miles of dirt at an average speed of 4 mph. 13 hrs moving over 3 days on the trail.
20201017_131534.jpg

Monumental because I drove it to the trail, on the trail, and back home with no failures. I have a few new noises to sort out, and some parts to replace, but after my first experience I feel accomplished!

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I recognize your pops but can't make out the others in the pic. Who else went with you?

Your last attempt was in that monster JKU right? It blows my mind that was 6 years ago already.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I recognize your pops but can't make out the others in the pic. Who else went with you?

Your last attempt was in that monster JKU right? It blows my mind that was 6 years ago already.
It was me, my dad, and my Brother in Law.

My dad and I last attempted it in June 2014 when I had my JKU. I missed the 37's for this trip, but not the mechanical failure.

Last time I did HitR was in a Samurai and it was the bumpiest trail ever. :puke:
Glad you made it to the end! Its a beautiful trip!

It is still one of the bumpiest trails I have ever done. I was super grateful for the suspension under my Land Cruiser though. It was rough, but not nearly as jarring as I remembered. Amazing what good shocks and springs can do to the ride quality.