Your Pic of The Day

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Took the ferry back after HITR this weekend. This was way "neater" than I thought it would be. My daughter was pretty scared until about half way through she finally jumped out and checked out the scenery from the bow.

View attachment 136977

View attachment 136978
The only time I've ever taken the ferry was for a RR4W Labor Day Campout run of HITR back in 1995/6 with @bobn and his Samurai. I thought it was the coolest thing ever at the time.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
The only time I've ever taken the ferry was for a RR4W Labor Day Campout run of HITR back in 1995/6? I thought it was the coolest thing ever at the time.
I was suprised how stable that thing is. It was really windy when we started crossing and the platform was just completely stable. It almost made you feel really weird. I thought it was super cool.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I like the idea of those 'cones' until you run one over. Then they are just a pancake, or break. We use them at our shop, its definitely happened. Good work at the comp!
Yeah they asked everybody to move them if they planned on hitting them but most competitors didn't. It's one of those "not my job" situations. They held up better than I expected though.

We didn't even touch one the whole second day so that was nice :cool:

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Les Schwab come through for the $500 dump truck. One of the 6 tires was cracking like the surface of a desert lake in August.

BTW- they were one of the few tire places that knew the difference between a split RING and a split rim. They had no issue mounting this up on a split ring.
When I did some research I found a Utube video of a Toyota dealer in Johannesburg demonstrating how to change one; Toyota still uses split ring wheels on new vehicles in some markets.

03312177-02AB-4D97-A54E-9440ACB3140D.jpeg

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Split rings are much safer than split rims only because you can visually see if the ring is installed correctly where the split rim was basically a guess if it was installed right and you had no idea until you put some pressure to it. I'm actually surprised you got anyone to play with them at all.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
I'm actually surprised you got anyone to play with them at all.
Me too. I’ve called this exact store in the past about the tires on my M101 trailer and they said no. I actually bought a new axle for it and put some standard Chevy 6-lug wheels on it.