You're going where? In what? v2.0

GOAT

Back from the beyond
We took a little roadtrip down to to Tucson to see Jenn's family over the holidays. The mini performed flawlessly as usual, although i still get a little nervous taking it on long trips. We had a great time and snapped more than a few pics along the way.

First stop, Biosphere II.
2010-12-29101722.jpg

Next stop, comfort food. Yumm
2010-12-29125209.jpg

We next made the journey to the Pima Air Museum. I have been wanting to visit this place for years and when I discovered they had a B36, we made a b-line for it:cool:
2010-12-28154051.jpg

2010-12-28154520.jpg

more to come.........

LT.

Amazing photos! I think that the P-51D was the sexiest plane ever to fly and the B-29, the plane that dropped both weapons on Japan. Bringing an end to WWII. I hope you post up a bunch more photos.

LT.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
A P-63 Aircobra. Can't say I knew any of those were still around. Bazzar little plane with the pilot sitting on top of the engine and the 20mm canon (I think that was the size) sticking out through the center of the prop. We shipped most of them off to the Soviets during Lend-Lease and they were quite successful with them.

Thursty

Love the warbirds. The F4U is one of my favorites. It was called Whistling Death by the Japanese because of the noise the air made going through the intakes on the wings at high speeds. IMO there are few planes that look as menacing as The Bent Wing Bird.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Amazing photos! I think that the P-51D was the sexiest plane ever to fly and the B-29, the plane that dropped both weapons on Japan. Bringing an end to WWII. I hope you post up a bunch more photos.

LT.

Fine photos, that B36 is amazing.

Thanks for the kind words. I accidentally left the camera at home and was required to take all these pics with a cellphone, which is smarter than i am.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
another B47 pic
2010-12-28154026.jpg

MIG 15
2010-12-28135731.jpg

Thunderbird F4 (try to imagine performing maneuvers in something this big)
2010-12-28135943.jpg

F14
2010-12-28141320.jpg

F107
2010-12-28142120.jpg

electra
2010-12-28141536.jpg

Thursty

Very cool pics! My Dad's Uncle was an Air Corps pilot during WWII. After the war he was ferrying a B-24 from the west coast to Hill Field. On his way over Provo he buzzed his parents home on State Street. When he landed at Hill his C.O. met him on the field and really chewed him out because the mayor of Provo somehow got word of it and called Hill Field. After the azz chewing his C.O. pulled him aside and asked, "So, how was it."

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Hey Marcus you need to go to Davis Mothom Air Base down near Tucson... it is probably 4 times the size of Hill and has just about every airplane you could image and all of them are mothballed! rows and rows of planes just sitting out there... all are hours away from being flight ready.

I was there for a week and never saw the whole place....

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Hey Marcus you need to go to Davis Mothom Air Base down near Tucson... it is probably 4 times the size of Hill and has just about every airplane you could image and all of them are mothballed! rows and rows of planes just sitting out there... all are hours away from being flight ready.

I was there for a week and never saw the whole place....

The Boneyard. Its on my bucket list as well.