You're killing me Greg...I hope you're at work and not here surfing the web

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Amtrak temporarily suspends Zephyr service west of Denver
(The Associated Press circulated the following article on January 13.) said:
SALT LAKE CITY -- Amtrak's California Zephyr will only be going as far west as Denver for at least the next week because of storms in the Rocky and Sierra mountain ranges.

Amtrak has temporarily suspended operation of the Zephyr west of Denver through at least Jan. 20, offering service on the route from Chicago to Denver.

The California Zephyr is normally scheduled to operate daily between Chicago and Emeryville, Calif., with stops in Omaha, Denver, Salt Lake City and Reno.

Passengers ticketed to go beyond Denver will be offered refunds.

Passengers can also be rerouted on the Empire Builder route through Portland, Ore.

On Tuesday, six people were injured when an Amtrak train struck a pickup-sized boulder and derailed near the Utah-Colorado line. It was unclear what role the weather played in the accident. It was wet and rainy at the time.
AMTRAK said:
California Zephyr Service Temporarily Suspended West of Denver

Due to a series of weather-related service impacts in the Rocky and Sierra mountain ranges along the route of the California Zephyr, Amtrak has temporarily suspended operation of the California Zephyr west of Denver, through at least January 20. During the service suspension, the California Zephyr will operate between Chicago and Denver only.

The California Zephyr is normally scheduled to operate daily between Chicago and Emeryville, Calif., via Omaha, Denver, Salt Lake City and Reno.

Passengers ticketed to western Colorado, Utah and eastern Nevada will be offered refunds. Passengers ticketed between Northern California and Chicago can be accommodated on the Empire Builder and Coast Starlight, via Portland, Ore., as available.

Amtrak Capitol Corridor Service trains will continue to operate from Emeryville east, to and from Auburn, via Sacramento, and Capitol Corridor Thruway Motorcoaches will continue to operate to and from Reno. The Reno station will remain open on an abbreviated schedule. Otherwise, all Amtrak stations between Reno and Denver will be closed through at least January 20, including Salt Lake City, Utah, and Grand Junction and Glenwood Springs, Colo.

The affected portion of the California Zephyr’s route is owned, operated and maintained by Union Pacific Railroad. The Union Pacific Railroad is working diligently to restore Amtrak's California Zephyr Service.
and in the meantime I sit at home not making any money. :(

Dan. :D

PS What time do you want US over for dinner this week? :rofl:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Thanks... you're pointing out my job security! I haven't been called out to Caliente, but I know a ton of guys who have.

It's been erie, no trains on the tracks. We're getting alot done w/o you guys out there trying to run us over! :p

Last edited:

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Greg said:
Oh, BTW Dan... you are supposed to Rockcrawl in a 4x4, not a TRAIN!!! :rofl: :rofl:

;)
Wasn't me!!! Okay, maybe that one time, but the last time it wasn't me. Do you know if they ever got our train out of Ruby Canyon yet? We've got a wrecked train in there.

Definitely volunteer for all you can.
$$$$$$$$

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
awww man. I love that train. Hope all goes well...

Trains are a great thing..... no one normal rides a train these days as far as I can tell.
I helped stop a crazed drunk from throwing one of the train girls (train hostesses? conductresses? ) the last time I rode the Zephyr... that was fun, pulling up to some crossing in East Nowhere and watching the locals pick him up. Train police are burly, too!

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Greg said:
Are you back to work yet Dan? UP re-opened the Caliente sub today... have you seen the pics of the damage? :eek:
Still not back to work. Supposed to be the end of the week. I've got some pics emailed to me. Do you want me to post them?

Do you really need help loading a truck? Let me know.

Dan.