Yukon Dana 60 35 spline Locking Hubs

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Pretty cool, eh!?! I no longer have a 10 minute version of a lockout (drive flanges). These take about 20 seconds. Very similar profile to the drive flanges. Anyway, here's the pics. I did have to read the instructions a little. ALLJEEP.com snagged these early production units and persuaded me to try them out.

Installation was pretty straightforward. The only thing I had trouble with was I needed my assistant/photographer Corbin to push the axle shaft towards me while I was trying to get the shaft snap ring on.

Attachments

• IMG_0001 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0001 (Small).JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0010 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0010 (Small).JPG
    47 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0013 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0013 (Small).JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0028 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0028 (Small).JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0036 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0036 (Small).JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0047 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0047 (Small).JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0060 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0060 (Small).JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0067 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0067 (Small).JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0071 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0071 (Small).JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

mbryson

Supporting Member
Very nice. How easily do they turn to engage/disengage?

They're a bit stiff at the moment, but I'd assume it's because I've got a LOT of grease in there. The instructions keep mentioning to add grease. Grease heavily, grease this, etc. I'll take the Jeep for a bit of a spin tomorrow and see if they loosen up a little.

EB101

I'm really liking that low profile. I'm interested in getting away from slugs and this is the first time I've even considered it seriously. I've heard regular 35 spline lockouts aren't as strong as the 30s. How do you suppose these are going to fair?
-Steve

mbryson

Supporting Member
I'm really liking that low profile. I'm interested in getting away from slugs and this is the first time I've even considered it seriously. I've heard regular 35 spline lockouts aren't as strong as the 30s. How do you suppose these are going to fair?
-Steve

They seem well built. I can't imagine they are as strong as a single piece of steel but they are in there pretty tight and the machining looks like its done well. The actual locking device is similar in construction to a Lock-Rite. The cap just pushes the spring away from the teeth in "free" mode. I'll snap a picture of that in a few min.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Here's some pics of the locking teeth. I'll go drive the Jeep around a bit today and see what I think? The way the teeth lock together seems like it would be tough to design something stronger yet still unlock?IMG_0076 (Small).JPGIMG_0077 (Small).JPG
attachment.php

attachment.php

mbryson

Supporting Member
After driving around a bit today, the grease has loosened up a little. The lockouts do turn well. They still require some effort but you aren't wondering if you need pliers;)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I like that they are low profile. Obviously they are head over heals stronger than the warn premium hubs. I've broken so many of those it's not even funny... but I kept them around for a long time because I loved that I could just pull my front out and spin around the dunes and such (had the front lincoln locked at the time).

Thanks for posting this up.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
My Warn 35 spline premiums lasted 2 trips. Hopefully these are much better.

The question is: Did you swap that stripped out stub shaft?

or are you just going to run it with 1/2" shorter splines like a lazy man would? ;)

Chevycrew

My Warns held up to Ultimate Adventure, but I really wanted to try a set of these. For some reason they wouldnt even sell me any...

EB101

Mark, still liking them? I guess I have to order a set. After I get them I'll decide if I need to keep my slugs around or not.
-Steve

mbryson

Supporting Member
Mark, still liking them? I guess I have to order a set. After I get them I'll decide if I need to keep my slugs around or not.
-Steve

I do still like them. I haven't run them a whole bunch. Been busy doing non-Jeepish things but they stay unlocked nicely when I go get milk in the Jeep. :D

EB101

Mine showed up today and I got them installed. They are everything you said. Mine turned very easily and smoothly though. The instructions mention grease again and again.. is it possible you missed the grease for the o-ring in the knob itself Mark? It didn't look like it should come apart.
Pop out the center for more grease.jpgYukon vs stock vs flange uncovered.jpg

Anyway I'm excited to go see if I can break them. My only concern is that the drive gear thickness is substantially less than stock or flanges. My hubs are turned down to fit 5 on 5.5 so they have thinner walls in that area so I worry they'll expand then fail. Only time well tell.
-Steve

Last edited:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Mine showed up today and I got them installed. They are everything you said. Mine turned very easily and smoothly though. The instructions mention grease again and again.. is it possible you missed the grease for the o-ring in the knob itself Mark? It didn't look like it should come apart.
View attachment 75792View attachment 75793

Anyway I'm excited to go see if I can break them. My only concern is that the drive gear thickness is substantially less than stock or flanges. My hubs are turned down to fit 5 on 5.5 so they have thinner walls in that area so I worry they'll expand then fail. Only time well tell.
-Steve

let us see pics when they get installed:D

EB101

let us see pics when they get installed:D

attachment.php

To top it off those are the wheels you sold me too.
Pretty sweet combination I don't have to ever worry about.

-Steve

Attachments

• 4wp customer day.jpg
    4wp customer day.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited: